DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 28 First ... 5678917 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Within the actual .mod (see the conditions.mod file linked above for an example):
    Code:
    <root version="2.8" release="8">
    	<effects>
    		<id-00060>
    			<adjustment type="number">0</adjustment>
    			<duration type="number">0</duration>
    			<isgmonly type="number">0</isgmonly>
    			<label type="string">Pinned</label>
    		</id-00060>
    		<id-00061>
    			<adjustment type="number">0</adjustment>
    			<duration type="number">0</duration>
    			<isgmonly type="number">0</isgmonly>
    			<label type="string">Paralyzed</label>
    		</id-00061>
    Does anyone know what the <adjustment> tag refers to? If I make new effects from within FG, they don't have this tag, no matter what options I select. (They can also have <apply> and <unit> tags, in addition to those shown here.)

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Does anyone know what the <adjustment> tag refers to? If I make new effects from within FG, they don't have this tag, no matter what options I select. (They can also have <apply> and <unit> tags, in addition to those shown here.)
    I think this is a legacy value from over ruleset versions where effects had an adjustment value (usually -1) then indicated what happened to the duration each round. -1 would decrease the duration by 1. I think this has been removed in 3.5e and 4 because there's really no real need/use for it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks, Trenloe. So if I was making an updated version of this module, would there be any negative consequences to me omitting those <adjustment> tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Thanks, Trenloe. So if I was making an updated version of this module, would there be any negative consequences to me omitting those <adjustment> tags?
    Not for the current ruleset, no. It would only be if someone with a much older 3.5e/d20 ruleset tried to use them, they'd have to manually put the adjustment in the CT when they added the effect from the library.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay, as a follow-up to this, what does the ACTN attribute do? It's not mentioned in the documentation. (I'm assuming that the ROLL attribute has replaced ONCE, with the same functionality.)

Blog Entries
    My 'guess' is that it will apply to a full attack where a 'ROLL' only applies to the first roll. Am I right? Do I get the prize?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Yes, yes you do.

It's specifically for modifiers designed to be applied to a set of rolls, as opposed to the next roll.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You're right, the effects.mod file should not have the condition name and the resulting effects as well - as this will double the effect. For example - "Kneeling; AC: -2 melee; AC: 2 ranged" would give the effect for the condition "Kneeling" (FG automatically includes the modifiers for this condition) and also the "AC: -2 melee" for someone doing a melee attack and so the AC would be -4.
    Here's an updated version of the Effects module, with the duplication of effects on built-in conditions removed, and some text added to outline the parts of the condition that FG doesn't handle.
    Last edited by Callum; July 30th, 2013 at 13:58.

Here's another update, with charge corrected to -2 AC / +2 ATK, and separated out into two effects to allow for the differing durations.

I am new to FG and seem to have most things down thru trial and error and watching youtube vids as guides. One thing that still eludes me is the effects and how to apply them.

I downloaded and unzipped the file but not sure what to do with it next? It doesn't show up in my library and I am not sure how to get them into the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is about the last hurdle I need to get over to really enjoy all aspects of the program.

Thread Information