DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 28 First 123412 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by graphil
    What would haste be? I presume it won't be able to do the extra attack.
    Haste; ATK:1; AC:1 dodge; SAVE:1 dodge reflex; SPEED:30
    The extra attack can't be handled through effects, and the SPEED entry is for reference only.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98
    This is an understatement.. Considering the amount of effects that could be made, this module will end up being extremely large. It would also have to encompass anything released by Paizo that could be an effect. Just going through the spell lists and finding those will be a pain then take into account multiple levels of enhancements.
    How about limiting it to the spells in the Buff Deck? It's got the most common. Very helpful in a offline game.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaihir Scout
    How about limiting it to the spells in the Buff Deck? It's got the most common. Very helpful in a offline game.
    That would work... That would be the majority of the stuff used most often..
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

I've updated the first post with the list from the deck as well as the ones already posted by the group. I will keep it up to date as more are submitted.
    If someone has time to then build a library off of this it would be great.
    Graphil

There are two secrets to life: 1) Don't tell everything you know...

Barbarian's Rage; STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 morale will; AC: -2
    Greater Rage; STR: 6; CON: 6; SAVE: 3 morale will; AC: -2
    Mighty Rage; STR: 8; CON: 8; SAVE: 4 morale will; AC: -2
    Inspire Courage; ATK: 1 morale; DMG: 1 morale
    Inspiring Word
    Resistant Touch
    Aura of Protection
    Charge; AC: -2 - there is also a +2 bonus to a single attack
    Fight Defensively; ATK: -4; AC: 2 dodge
    Total Defense; AC: 4 dodge
    Aid; ATK: 1 morale
    Barkskin; AC: 2 natural
    Bear's Endurance; CON: 4 enhancement
    Bless; ATK: 1 morale
    Bull's Strength; STR: 4 enhancement
    Cat's Grace; DEX: 4 enhancement
    Divine Favor; ATK: 1 luck; DMG: 1 luck
    Divine Power; STR: 6 enhancement
    Eagle's Splendor; CHA: 4 enhancement
    Enlarge Person; STR: 2 size; DEX: -2 size; ATK: -1; AC: -1
    Fox's Cunning; INT: 4 enhancement
    Haste; ATK: 1; AC: 1 dodge; SAVE: 1 dodge reflex; SPEED: 30 enhancement
    Heroes' Feast; IMMUNE: poison; ATK: 1 morale; SAVE: 1 morale will
    Heroism; ATK: 2 morale; SAVE: 2 morale; SKILL: 2 morale
    Heroism, Greater; ATK: 4 morale; SAVE: 4 morale; SKILL: 4 morale
    Holy Aura; AC: 4 deflection; SAVE: 4 resistance
    Invisibility - this is already built in to FG
    Mage Armor; AC: 4 armor - note that this will stack with an armor bonus in the Combat tab of the character sheet, although the rules say it shouldn't
    Magic Fang; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Magic Fang, Greater; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Magic Vestment; AC: 1 enhancement
    Magic Weapon; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Magic Weapon, Greater; ATK: 1 enhancement; DMG: 1 enhancement
    Owl's Wisdom; WIS: 4 enhancement
    Prayer (allies); ATK: 1 luck; DMG: 1 luck; SAVE: 1 luck; SKILL: 1 luck
    Prayer (foes); ATK: -1; DMG: -1; SAVE: -1; SKILL: -1
    Protection from Evil; AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance - but note that the bonuses only apply against evil creatures
    Rage; STR: 2 morale; CON: 2 morale; SAVE: 1 morale will; AC: -2
    Reduce Person; STR: -2 size; DEX: 2 size; ATK: 1; AC: 1
    Resistance; SAVE: 1 resistance
    Righteous Might; STR: 4 size; CON: 2 size; AC: 2 natural; DR: 3 evil; AC: -1; ATK: -1
    Shield; AC: 4 shield - note that this will stack with a shield bonus in the Combat tab of the character sheet, although the rules say it shouldn't
    Shield of Faith; AC: 2 deflection
    Shield Other; AC: 1 deflection; SAVE: 1 resistance
    Transformation; STR: 4 enhancement; DEX: 4 enhancement; CON: 4 enhancement; AC: 4 natural; SAVE: 5 competence fortitude
    Unholy Aura; AC: 4 deflection; SAVE: 4 resistance
    Mutagen
    Banner
    Lion's Call
    Ward

Most of the others are Pathfinder-specific effects, I believe. Things to note:-
    • All the effects I've detailed are from the 3.5 rules - I haven't checked for differences in the Pathfinder rules.
    • Many of these have additional effects that can't be represented in the FG effects system (or apply only in certain situations, such as the SR from holy aura).
    • Many have effects that scale with level - in which case, I've put the minimum effect in the list.
    • The durations are not included here, but would be in an effect in FG.
    • Temporary hit points (such as those from aid or heroes' feast) can be added in a spell in FG.
    Last edited by Callum; August 18th, 2013 at 21:39.

Blog Entries
    Great list!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

There's one other thing to bear in mind - I'm not sure that the natural armor bonuses will stack correctly. The problem is that they're technically enhancement bonuses to natural armor, which don't stack with each other, but do stack with other natural armor bonuses. But if you put them down as enhancement bonuses, then they wouldn't stack with things like magic vestment, although they should! Perhaps someone who's more familiar with the inner working of FG could let us know exactly how this bit of the code works - and, indeed, what the full list of bonus types is for AC modifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Temporary hit points (such as those from aid or heroes' feast) can be added in a spell in FG.
    Can they? How ya do that?
    Last edited by Willot; January 12th, 2013 at 21:24.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot
    Can they? How ya do that?
    You need to add a Heal Spell Action to the spell, and then set the Type to "TEMP".

Quote Originally Posted by Callum
    Perhaps someone who's more familiar with the inner working of FG could let us know exactly how this bit of the code works - and, indeed, what the full list of bonus types is for AC modifiers?
    Trenloe? JPG? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Thread Information