FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 17 of 28 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Blog Entries
    One other suggestion. I've seen the situation where effects exist on a character but not do not show on the tracker.. I'm not sure you can get this to happen without specific 'broken' coding to do so.. but it might somehow be an issue with the character you are testing. Have you tried testing it with a 'brand new' basic character? See if that yields the same result.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    One other suggestion. I've seen the situation where effects exist on a character but not do not show on the tracker.. I'm not sure you can get this to happen without specific 'broken' coding to do so.. but it might somehow be an issue with the character you are testing. Have you tried testing it with a 'brand new' basic character? See if that yields the same result.
    I did remove all the effects, rolled dice and no modifiers came up. When I applied barbarian rage effect I got the +4 modifier instead of +4 strenght.
    But when I come back on sunday I have to do some testing. Hopefully it is ony something weird with that particular character sheet.
    Thanks for the tip.

Blog Entries
    I just tested it in 3.5.. (I had tested it in PF before.. not expecting a different result) and found that I got the same results as you did. Apparently there is a PF check that decides to do it one way vs the other.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Callum and Archangel - in the 3.5-Pathfinder Effects Library:

Inspire Courage is a Competence bonus rather than a Morale bonus.

It's slightly more complex than that. In 3.5E, they're all morale bonuses. In Pathfinder, they changed the attack and damage bonuses to competence bonuses, but kept the save bonuses as morale. But the effects library should reflect this, so thanks for pointing it out!

Glad to help. Thanks for creating the resource! Maybe the library needs to split into dedicated ones, since there are other PF effects that might not make sense for 3.5 (retired).

Here's an updated version of the Effects module, adding the Pathfinder version of Inspire Courage (as suggested by HoloGnome) along with scaled versions for higher levels. I haven't split it into two modules (one for each ruleset) for reasons of backward compatibility, but could do so if people thought this was a good idea.

Great work on this mod. Quick question though before I update. I have created some custom effects. Will replacing this mod overwrite those?

I would be inclined to say yes, since your custom effects are saved to the old version, one thing you could do is just give the updated one a different name, then maybe drag over your custom effects to the new one. not sure if you can drag them like that though. Or you could just have two effect mods.

Thread Information