FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 15 of 28 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by Vladlock View Post
    Would it be possible to create a favored enemy effect for a ranger in pathfinder that is always on and only applies to the creature type?
    Yep:

IFT: TYPE(dragon); ATK:2; DMG:2

See the [creature type] entry in the conditional modifiers section of the effects Wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...onal_Operators

This will only cover actions that are targeted on a creature (attacks, damage, etc.). It won't cover skill checks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This reminds me to get back to work on my Action Library module.

Thanks Trenloe, didn't look like it was working at first i.e. wasn't seeing the bonus added to the roll but it ended up just dropping the AC of the target by two. The website said you could do more than one creature type in the same one, would you just separate those by a ; ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vladlock View Post
    The website said you could do more than one creature type in the same one, would you just separate those by a ; ?
    They are comma separated. But test this thoroughly as there was an issue with multiple types in the 5E ruleset in 3.1.2 (fixed in the upcoming 3.1.3). If it doesn't work, do a new effect for each different type.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Archania View Post
    I have to ask because I see a lot of links going to different places. The effects.zip file in the first post is the latest and works with pf ruleset or is there a different one I need to get. Sorry its very confusing what extra mods I need to make everything work correctly.
    Thanks.
    Use this thread as the master index to modules: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post120187

The "Conditions and Effects" link takes you to post #114 in this thread which should be the most recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is a good idea.

One step further - how about compiling them into a module so that they can be available in the "Effects" list window within the FG campaign? The list can be searched for text and the effects can be entered in the form <Name>; <usual effect list> to allow ordering and searching on the condition/effect needed.

The example condition.mod available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...96&postcount=5 was created as GM only (the data XML file within is db.xml) but if the module created has this file as common.xml and the GM lets the players have access through "module activation" in the campaign then everyone will be able to see the effects in the effects list window.

To create this module it will require a bit of XML editing as effects aren't covered by the usual /export command. But, I think it would be worth the effort to do this so that it can be a reusable reference effects module available to GMs and Players.
    Morning Trenloe,
    Ok we have been playing with this so we could have better control with buffs and things in game. This all worked great using the effects module, but was not really 100% what we wanted so I continued playing around. I went to the aid spell inside the game and put it on a character. Then went into the spell and added a effect (just added ATK : 1 morale for testing only I know its not the full aid effect). This added the effect to the spell and now the effect can be applied from the spell in the character sheet all worked great.
    Now I don't want to have to do this to every spell every time a character adds a spell to his list. So i kept digging.
    I exported the character and looked at the xml to see how it was formatted. I seen the actions area and knew that was the effect. So just out of curiosity I copied the <actions> to </actions> pasted it in the spell AID in my spell module and reloaded everything. Added the new Aid spell to the character and wala the effect is there and works.

Code:
    <aid>

<name type="string">Aid</name>
    			<school type="string">Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]</school>
    			<level type="string">Clr 2, Good 2, Luck 2</level>
    			<components type="string">V, S, DF</components>
    			<castingtime type="string">1 standard action</castingtime>
    			<range type="string">Touch</range>
    			<effect type="string">Living creature touched</effect>
    			<duration type="string">1 min./level</duration>
    			<save type="string">None</save>
    			<sr type="string">Yes (harmless)</sr>
    			<actions>
    				<id-00001>
    					<atkmod type="number">0</atkmod>
    					<clcmod type="number">0</clcmod>
    					<savedcmod type="number">0</savedcmod>
    					<srnotallowed type="number">0</srnotallowed>
    					<type type="string">cast</type>
    				</id-00001>
    				<id-00002>
    					<dmaxstat type="number">0</dmaxstat>
    					<durdice type="dice"></durdice>
    					<durdicestatmax type="number">0</durdicestatmax>
    					<durmod type="number">1</durmod>
    					<durmult type="number">1</durmult>
    					<label type="string">Aid; ATK: 1 morale</label>
    					<type type="string">effect</type>
    				</id-00002>
    			</actions>

<description type="formattedtext"><p><i>Aid</i> grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).</p></description>
    			<shortdescription type="string">+1 on attack rolls, +1 against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).</shortdescription>
    		</aid>
    What this does.
    Now my Cleric on his turn can Selected the party members he wants to Aid / Cast Aid (informing the DM he wants to Aid those players / Then press the effects button and the effect is applied to all the characters . The Characters now have a +1 attack effect when the roll for 1 rnd.
    Just wanted to pass it on.....
    Last edited by Samarex; December 14th, 2015 at 00:17. Reason: fixed code block better viewing

Here is the Spell code for Aid with the actual working efects
    Code:
    <aid>		
    			<name type="string">Aid</name>
    			<school type="string">Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]</school>
    			<level type="string">Clr 2, Good 2, Luck 2</level>
    			<components type="string">V, S, DF</components>
    			<castingtime type="string">1 standard action</castingtime>
    			<range type="string">Touch</range>
    			<effect type="string">Living creature touched</effect>
    			<duration type="string">1 min./level</duration>
    			<save type="string">None</save>
    			<sr type="string">Yes (harmless)</sr>
    			<actions>
    				<id-00001>
    					<atkmod type="number">0</atkmod>
    					<clcmod type="number">0</clcmod>
    					<savedcmod type="number">0</savedcmod>
    					<srnotallowed type="number">0</srnotallowed>
    					<type type="string">cast</type>
    				</id-00001>
    				<id-00002>
    					<dmaxstat type="number">0</dmaxstat>
    					<durdice type="dice"></durdice>
    					<durdicestatmax type="number">0</durdicestatmax>
    					<durmod type="number">1</durmod>
    					<durmult type="number">1</durmult>
    					<label type="string">Aid; ATK: 1 morale</label>
    					<type type="string">effect</type>
    				</id-00002>
    				<id-00005>
    					<heallist>
    				<id-00001>
    					<bonus type="number">0</bonus>
    					<dice type="dice">d8</dice>
    					<dicestatmax type="number">0</dicestatmax>
    					<stat type="string">cl</stat>
    					<statmax type="number">10</statmax>
    					<statmult type="number">1</statmult>
    				</id-00001>
    					</heallist>
    					<healtype type="string">temp</healtype>
    						<type type="string">heal</type>
    				</id-00005>
    			</actions>

<description type="formattedtext"><p><i>Aid</i> grants the target a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear effects, plus temporary hit points equal to 1d8 + caster level (to a maximum of 1d8+10 temporary hit points at caster level 10th).</p></description>
    			<shortdescription type="string">+1 on attack rolls, +1 against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).</shortdescription>
    		</aid>

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I exported the character and looked at the xml to see how it was formatted. I seen the actions area and knew that was the effect. So just out of curiosity I copied the <actions> to </actions> pasted it in the spell AID in my spell module and reloaded everything. Added the new Aid spell to the character and wala the effect is there and works.
    Wait...are you really saying that you can have spell effects in a spells module, and they become active when you drag the spell onto a character sheet? If so, that's absolutely amazing, and is something I've been wishing for for years! How do the effects appear when you look at the spell in the spell module? Can you post an image of that? Or can you share your spell module?

Now we can compile 3.5E/Pathfinder spell modules with all the effects built-in!

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    W How do the effects appear when you look at the spell in the spell module? Can you post an image of that? Or can you share your spell module?

Now we can compile 3.5E/Pathfinder spell modules with all the effects built-in!
    The Spells look the same inside the game when your looking at the spell, Nothing changed there. The Spell Disc always told us what the effects of the spell was. What I have done is in the spell module just added the actions content of the effects this puts the effect buttons and all in the Spell when you drop it in your character sheet. The Code above is the complete Aid Spell out of my Spell Mod. The area <actions>....</actions> is what I pulled out of a exported Character after adding the effects to the spell inside the game. (Its the only one I got done when I posted it. So yes I am starting to Load all the 3.5E spells with there effects included
    Last edited by Samarex; December 14th, 2015 at 09:39.

So my question to the Fantasy Grounds developers
    This is how I have been able to get it to work but there is another way that I have not found becouse the Spell Cause Fear has the effect buttons for Frighted and Shaken in the spell on the character sheet already, but when looking at Cause fear in the Spell mod nothing shows for a effect. other that in the description. So where are those effect actions being put in from?

Thread Information