DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 28 First ... 91011121321 ... Last

Thread: Effects library

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Right.. I was just saying that it wasn't all that bad an idea.. it could hook into stuff that was already functional.
    Exactly, its not a bad idea at all. It just needs *someone* to do it. Ideally as part of the base ruleset otherwise maintenance would get awkward as there would need to be changes to the base 3.5e code in a number of places - hence my suggestion to add it to the wishlist.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

is this still the best way to do the paladin smite evil. (copy of post below) and if it is, where do i find data_common.lua file?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post142702.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    If it worked... what would the correct syntax be?
    FG doesn't like underscores (_) in a condition name. But, it works fine with "alignevil", "aligngood", etc..

Example:
    Add "alignevil" to the conditions list in data_common.lua
    For a Paladin's Smite Evil ability (Paladin level 3, CHA bonus +2) make an effect: Smite Evil; IFT: alignevil; ATK:2;DMG:3
    Add a condition to evil creatures of "alignevil".

When the Paladin activates their Smite Evil ability, the GM decides if the target creature is evil and if so adds the alignevil condition to the NPC. The Paladin adds the Smite Evil; IFT: alignevil; ATK:2;DMG:3 effect to their PC, whenever they do an attack or damage to a target (IFT = If Target has the following condition) with the alignevil condition then the effects will occur.

Blog Entries
    %appdata%\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets
    PFRPG.pak
    unzip it - update your files - rezip it preserving the original tree/base structure and reload...

Quote Originally Posted by JulioIP View Post
    is this still the best way to do the paladin smite evil. (copy of post below) and if it is, where do i find data_common.lua file?
    You're best doing the change via an extension. This means you won't be updating each time FG upgrades.

Full details, and an extension that adds alignments, here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tion-extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If I understand effect targetting correctly, I think the easiest way to do smite evil specifically, is to just create the effect on yourself and have the GM target the effect to the target of your smite (by dragging the targetting icon on the CT to your target). Then the effect will only actually do anything when you're attacking that one creature. If I'm incorrect about this, please let me know. For smite evil, the alignment extension doesn't completely solve the problem because your smite effect shouldn't affect all creatures with the given alignment, just the one you targetted.

The alignment extension is still the best way to do other effects that apply generally based on alignment, such as p/evil and the like.

Is there a way to add dice effects like:

auto-reroll for people who have things like ...take the better of two d20 rolls ...or take the worst of two d20 rolls?

ongoing effects that do things like d4 or d6 HP damage each round? What about ongoing ABIL damage?

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRig View Post
    Is there a way to add dice effects like:

ongoing effects that do things like d4 or d6 HP damage each round? What about ongoing ABIL damage?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

RE: Trueshots ...

I saw that on the 3.5 effects wiki but cant seem to figure out the way it would be typed out.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

say it was a bleed of some kind lets call it "Ninja Bleed" (cause I love ninjas)

Ninja Bleed; DMGO:1d6 bleed
    or
    Ninja Bleed; DMGO:1d4 bleed

you get the idea though, very simple.
    Last edited by Trueshots; December 26th, 2014 at 06:02. Reason: oops messed up :)

JerryRig, sorry I edited, messed it up first time left off the type of damage

Thread Information