DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ravenloft theme?

I was curious if any one had done a theme extension file that shows the Ravenloft logo or anything along this line. I'm looking for a 3.5 version if one has been done, if not is there a way to edit a current extension to change the way the tabletop appears?
    Last edited by Mansoon; January 8th, 2013 at 22:33.

I'm heading out to work now but I'll post up later how I created this (copyright images and all that)

I found the logo here
    Last edited by Doswelk; January 11th, 2013 at 08:24.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

How I did it

Open the extensions folder in your Fantasy Grounds II appdata folder.

I copied the 3.5 dungeon theme.

Rename the copied theme (I called it Ravenloft.ext) and change the .ext extension to .zip

Edit the extension.xml and change the name entry to what you want the extension to be displayed as.

Then I opened dekstop.png (in the graphics/frames folder) and removed the dragon logo on the right hand side using GIMP, I then pasted in the ravenloft logo I got from the web site and re-sized it.

I saved the new version of the desktop.png overwriting the existing version.

Then I changed the .zip extension back to .ext and started FGII picked a 3.5 campaign and clicked the Ravenloft theme as my extension.

Hope that helps!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Hi. I'm trying to create a Savage Worlds desktop background for my Realms of Cthulhu Game. From reading the above I have managed to edit the logo but my aim is to change the background picture rather than the logo.
    Ideally I want to use this image:

https://www.pelgranepress.com/trail/...ersign_TOC.jpg

I could do with some guidance when I shrink the picture it doesn't view correctly when I open Fantasy Grounds.
    Any Guidance Appreciated.

Is there a way I can download this Ravenloft theme?

Quote Originally Posted by Isembard
    Hi. I'm trying to create a Savage Worlds desktop background for my Realms of Cthulhu Game. From reading the above I have managed to edit the logo but my aim is to change the background picture rather than the logo.
    Ideally I want to use this image:

https://www.pelgranepress.com/trail/...ersign_TOC.jpg

I could do with some guidance when I shrink the picture it doesn't view correctly when I open Fantasy Grounds.
    Any Guidance Appreciated.
    You would really need to set that as the logo, the background is resized/tiled dependant upon the client PC screen res.

Not have a plain backup / easily tiled image does not really work with FGII.

I'd have a black background and then set that image as the logo then it will not tile.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

How can I get this Ravenloft theme please? The instructions were not real clear to me.

Thanks!

Where are you getting stuck?

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz
    How can I get this Ravenloft theme please? The instructions were not real clear to me.
    The images for Revenloft are copyright, so people can't legally upload an extension with such images in it.

The instructions in post #3 allow you to create your own for personal use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information