STAR TREK 2d20
Page 27 of 29 First ... 172526272829 Last

Thread: A Bitter Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Argol228 View Post
    That is rather inaccurate. based on what we saw today You can't make a death prediction.
    Nimue learned not to rely on the dwarf to act as a tank.
    Malena learned not to take tactical advice from a dwarf.
    Nimue learned not to put enemies asleep that are within Malena's reach.
    Malena learned that she shouldn't be lazy and avoid attacking sleeping enemies just because they are closer
    Ardem Learned that the only one he can rely on is Kel
    Kel Learned that we all need some serious team building exercises and bonding sessions.
    You and I must of been in a very different battle, if i did not play a warrior. <smile>
    I did over 100 points of damage and took 70 points of damage (Kel heals once again saved me). My biggest issue was the terrain, full movement at 4 squares
    Also told Kel on one occasion to heal you rather then me, cause i could absorb damage.

Yeah I ran when on 6 points of health and there was only one channel left, but it better to fight another day then die stupidly. I was counting on nimue leaving as well but he had faith in his hexes. I then felt guilt that he could not or did not risk the run. So rolled a 50/50 wisdom based on either a self sacrifice and probably both dying or nimue death.

The last choice of attack was based on thinking we need to face these again when they were at full strength something we could not do, the weasel changed the game. In the end the return and fight was the right one but was only luck in my opinion else nimue was definatley dead as he stubbornly was putting himself at risk to kill these trees. (not sure why)

As for you running earlier away or drawing the tree, I feel you did not have a choice, you were lucky it did not make a double attack like it did on me, when I knew it could do that, it was a game changer in my head. Even justice would of struggled with these if you removed me out of the equation, actually he would of died he has less hitpoints.

death prediction was made on
    a) nimue not leaving and weasel luckily saving him, he was dead I could not of helped he still need 40-50 damage
    b) You not being hit with a double attack when you already wounded on 17.

Nothing deeper then that.

Was a very tough fight and one we should in hindsight ran away from

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    You and I must of been in a very different battle,... Blah blah blah maths and mechanics blah
    I was thinking about it on a comedic role play side of things XD but either way. Now I have fixed one of my biggest issues and finally got what I need for the damage dealing to begin.
    90% of RPG deaths are falls. The other 10% are thief related

The stuff ups started when I forgot that you were down a tank from when I created that encounter (hence the weasel). But even with Justice that was a hard fight so a retreat was probably the best strategy. But then a little fur covered blur flashed past Ardem "screaming the're just trees! Come on lets have em!!! <as Nimue took another swig of applejack or whatever it was he'd been drinking>. But I think we can all agree it was a total Balls up!
    Last edited by Willot; September 15th, 2013 at 22:24.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Argol228 View Post
    I was thinking about it on a comedic role play side of things XD but either way. Now I have fixed one of my biggest issues and finally got what I need for the damage dealing to begin.
    Sorry I missed the joke.

Wonder if Ross got his internet back up?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I didn't think the fight went that badly... We had it under control and no one would have died (much). I have decided its all Ross's fault for having internet issues anyway.

wow hi guys, so sorry to drop out of the game, my internet died, and it turned out to be days worth of mess for the IP to sort out, but im BACK!!! im intrigued about what happened in the game? Ill verbally tell you the story of my internet at next game it will be quicker!
    Ultimate license

Its enough to say the Dwarf was too short and slow...

THE TREES! THE TREES! ....The're MOVING!!!

Due to a prior commitment Ive been informed I have, I cannot do This Sunday. I can do Saturday afternoon (my time) (see calender)

Thread Information