DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

old school rp'er seeking group

Objective:
    I'm a new FG user looking for an intelligent mature and casual group that meets on most Friday evenings or Saturday mornings/afternoons (GMT -5). My background is D&D although I'm very open to other systems.

About me:
    I seek only a spot as a player at the moment.

I'm a 30somthing working in education and want to spend part of my limited time gaming. Although I haven't gamed in a long while, I am a darn good RPer. I started as a child with the old red basic box and lost interest for a few decades. I recently rekindled my interest with 3E and played play-by-post for a while a few years ago because I found a real lack of good RP in modern video games however technically sensational they are today. I really enjoyed the RP quality on PbP games but the pace and the unreliability of players and GMs left more to be desired. Currently, I seek a text heavy chat game using the FG interface simply because I feel that good fun RP is best served as well-written text exchanges among liked minded gamers as opposed to dudes getting overly theatrical on Skype.

I'm a busy working adult and seek a casual, intelligent and mature group of solid roleplayers for a weekly night of quality RP, hack-n-slash, highjnks and overall fun. If you think there is a good mutual fit, please post in this thread.

Thanks,
    Spiral
    Last edited by gm_spiral; February 27th, 2010 at 12:54.

I'm also interested in joining a group of casual, mature and respectful people, Friday and Saturday (evenings preferably) for 3.5.

I'm willing to DM later on, but for the time being I don't have time to prep adventures, so currently I'm in PC status.
    Last edited by Dude; March 13th, 2010 at 20:38.
    Da DuDe

questionnaire

Please answer a few personal questions. Hopefully, a self-organized group of interesting players will attract the right GM for us.

1. Preferred game system(s)
    2. Your style of gameplay and experience
    3. Your comfortable level with FG
    4. Your timezone (GMT -/+)
    5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?)
    6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time)
    7. Your age
    8. Your profession
    9. Writing and reading comfort level (English)
    10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality.

Spiral
    Last edited by gm_spiral; February 27th, 2010 at 12:56.

Well right now I am a willing to GM a set of adventure quests or a full campaign. At the same time I also like to play as a PC and let someone else run a couple of adventures as well.

I have GM'd a couple of games on here, with some success but at the same time most of them have petered off because of scheduling conflicts. I'll so post info with your 10 Questions .

1. 3.5 is basically what I like to run and play. I also am able to run Call of Cthulhu if the group is interested in that as well.
    2. My style of game play and GMing is about 60/40 roleplaying to combat. I like being able to interact with the NPCs, to me it creates a great storyline to the whole campaign, then just kill kill kill. Ive played RPGs for about 10 years, with mostly 3.0-3.5 rules as the major influence.
    3. Been using FG for almost 2 years not, great program, know it pretty well, enough to run a campaign or adventures on it.
    4. I live in the Central Time Zone, USA, I think GMT-6
    5. Right now, full time student every other week would be best for my schedule, as it will give me time to do all my school work and be able to give time in creating a campaign for the party.
    6. Right now, Saturday evenings are fine with me but it mostly depends on what the whole group is able to work out.
    7. 25
    8. Full time student
    9. Good enough to get my point across , English is my native language
    10. Fav. books, would be anything by L.E. Modesitt Jr, Hard Fantasy and Sci-Fi, also the The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, game consist of Settlers of Catan, Munchkin, Go and mostly any strategy type board game.

Thats basically it, I'm not a rule monger type GM, I like to overall make everyone have a good time while playing. It makes it worth GMing when everyone is having fun .
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

Howdy!

Greetings!
    I am also in search of a mature group of individuals to game with via FG2. I have GM'ed in the past, but currently only have a lite license. Honestly, I prefer the role of player over GMing as I tend towards a very chaotic system which is enjoyable only for a short time, yet prefer longer campaign plots. As a player I am much more organized, focused, and usually a valuable contributor to the game overall.

1.) I personally am a diehard D&D fan and have played from first edition red books up to 3.5 edition. I have read some of the 4th edition materials and personally do not much care for what I have read.

2.) Usually, I try to bring in a degree of comic relief into the game, while maintaining a relaxed, yet professional, demeanor when called for. I try to play my characters fully based on their strengths, weaknesses, backgrounds, etc. Not my own.

3.) From a scale of 1-10 I would put myself at a 7 of 10. I have used the system several times but am always finding out new things about the program.

4.) Central (GMT-6)

5.) Bi-weekly or Weekly

6.) I have a very open availability and prefer any day after 5pm CST.

7.) 23

8.) Unemployed Machine Tool Electrician/ Self-Employed Computer hardware repair.

9.) Scale of 1-10... 10

10.) I am a large fan of the swords series by Fred Saberhagen, Mercedes Lackey, R.A. Salvatore, Margaret Weiss, Tracy Hickman, some John Grisham, some Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I have also occasionally partaken of historical non-fictions. I played World of Warcraft for a while and currently play Dungeons and Dragons Online. I am also a fan of console racing and first person shooter games and like long walks on the beach. Avatar is one of the best movies I have ever seen, and I have a wife and 2 beautiful daughters.

If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns feel free to PM me or post here!

Thanks Much!

-Jeremy
    Feed me a kitten...

1. Preferred game system(s)
    -I used to like DnD, Palladium System and all of its genres, ICE Rolemaster. Open to Sci Fi, Car Wars etc. Heck we even did the clay battle royal thing once. It's been so long since (decades) I played PnP, I can't count on having any kind of grasp of the rules in any system.

2. Your style of gameplay and experience
    Not sure about style. I think that a text only game would be the best RP based on my experiences in NWN and WoW (comparatively). I have no interest in LARPing via a chat client.

On the experience front, I'm in my 30s. We played about every game there was in early highschool. Since, I've played NWN. That's about the only CRPG experience that applies. I was on the various application RP permadeath servers including A Land Far Away, and HATE (or something like that: acronym)

3. Your comfortable level with FG
    Comfort - moderate - Experience, NONE

4. Your timezone (GMT -/+)
    GMT -5

5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?)
    Once per week about 8:30-11:30 EST

6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time)
    Tuesday or Thursday would be best for me.

7. Your age
    30s

8. Your profession
    Architectural Consultant - you wouldn't believe how helpful my childhood experience at reading tabulated data has been in my career.

9. Writing and reading comfort level (English)
    Fluent, yet inexplicably careless at typing.

10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality.

I don't think this stuff shows my personality so to speak:
    Fantasy books from Shanara to Wheel of Time and everything in between. Video Games, anything. HL and HL2 were memorable. NWN and IWD best CRPGs. NWN only thing that was close to PnP. And it was good. Makes me nervous about how FG will measure up or if it will seem like paperwork and less immersive now.

I'm old enough and have kids and have overcome self importance, and my adolescent sense of entitlement. Others come first. I'm busy, self employed and just need to fit an escape into my week for stress management. I teach alpine skiing and academic subjects part time as well.

Oh, and I'll be waiting to buy FG until I expect that there's a good chance of establishing a group of regulars, or first game, whichever comes first, I suppose.

1. Preferred game system(s): DND 3.5
    [B]2. Your style of gameplay and experience: Hack and Slash/RP
    3. Your comfortable level with FG: somewhat comfortable
    [B]4. Your timezone: PST
    5. Preferred gaming frequency with FG (weekly? biweeky? monthly?): weekly
    6. Preferred day and time (Day, Time) Friday and/or Saturday night
    7. Your age: 32
    8. Your profession: Phone Monkey
    9. Writing and reading comfort level (English): Proficient
    10. Your favorite books, games, video games, movies, and anything else you want to share to show your personality: Dragonlance, Zelda
    Last edited by Dude; March 13th, 2010 at 20:42.
    Da DuDe

questionnaire

We're off to a good start!

Oftimes, gamers on online games know absolutely nothing about the other players. It is really no wonder that so many online games die out! By going through these simple introductions, any prospective GM and other players can see if there is a good *mutual* fit. Nothing ruins a team more than bad chemistry.

Keep the posts coming!

Looks like popular opinion is Saturday. CST means later for us EST. Later would be fine on a weekend But I know I would prioritize guests or a night out with the wife over gaming. I would expect to miss more on a Sat.

I know the post said 3.5e. Any rolemaster fans?
    Last edited by Longrath; March 1st, 2010 at 12:36.

Since we already have five people already posting, why not start organizing this group? It seems we are mostly looking for the same type of game play.
    AbacusForge - Blog
    Think - Develop - Build

Player:Yes Times: Contact Me

DM:Yes/Also willing to DM groups (PM me) Time: Contact Me

Rulesets: 3.5, Cthulhu

Thread Information