DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Test Release v2.9.3

A little early Christmas present for beta testers, especially if you play PFRPG.

FG v2.9.3 will be a combination of small feature improvements and bug fixes. If you have feature requests, please add them to our wish list in my sig.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
    JPG

Updates

• Clear cache button added to Join Game screen.
    • [3.5E/4E] Text dragged from formatted text controls will adopt standard NPC chat highlighting.
    • [3.5E] Combat Maneuver option added to Actions tab for weapon and spell attacks in PFRPG mode
    • [3.5E] Empower and Maximize metamagic options added to spell damage and heal actions.
    • [3.5E] Added Short Rest option in CT menu (resets init and advances 5 minutes on effects)
    • [3.5E/4E] GM-only and inactive effects displayed incorrectly in token tooltips and marker icons. Fixed.

JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; December 21st, 2012 at 01:15.

Blog Entries
    Interesting little bug. Targeted effects work fine.. but do not actually display the bonuses in the rolls.
    Favored Class;ATK:2;DMG:2
    Targeted on a particular character... character has +4 normally without effect.
    Displays roll 8+4=12
    hits 14 AC no problem.. just displays the wrong info (ie should be 8+6=14) Does the same with damage.. total damage is 10 but inflicts 12.
    Running 2.9.2
    (sorry if posting to the wrong place... based on the above it looks like this should still be a problem in 2.9.3)
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

It's accounted for in the attack resolution, since it is only specific to the target. Here is an example that I just ran with the same effect against a creature with AC 30. (I even got it on the first roll, which is very rare.) You can see that the "targeted" effects are applied after the roll is totaled for both attacker and defender.

Code:
    Fingdorius -> [ATTACK (M)] Dagger [MOD:DEX] [CRIT 19]  (d20(18)+11=29)
    Attack [29] -> [at Black Magga] [EFFECTS +2] [HIT]
    Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    It seems to do all the math right.. in terms of hits vs not hits... and it shows the effects +2 box but it doesn't display the effect bonus in the numbers like it usually does.

It is technically by design. The roll is not applied to a "target" initially, until the resolution information is added.

Since there are attack rolls that apply to multiple targets in some cases (3.5E and 4E), the separation of the targeted effects application makes this easier. It is rarer in 3.5E than 4E, but it still exists.

It's in my internal list to refine the entire "rolls" system to add more per game system flexibility, but I'll probably wait until 3.0 release when I plan to rewrite anyways.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Ah.. ok.. fair enough.

The update notes mention adding Combat Maneuver options for "weapons and spell attacks" in the Actions tab. I see the option on the spells, but not on the weapons (ex. Greatsword). Am I missing something?

Click on the melee/ranged icon, until you see a bullseye icon. That means that it is now a combat maneuver. The details are the same as melee, since they are almost identical for bonuses.

Cheers,
    JPG

I should have started with "Thanks for the early Christmas present!" Let me add that belatedly now.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    Click on the melee/ranged icon, until you see a bullseye icon. That means that it is now a combat maneuver. The details are the same as melee, since they are almost identical for bonuses.
    Great.. that helps.. seems to work well. It is pretty straightforward to set up the attack on the weapons, and even as a spell on NPC sheets.

So far, it appears that the best way to represent situational defenses is to create an effect with the appropriate CMD bonus, add it just before the attack is rolled, and remove it immediately after.

For these, I mean Feats that give a bonus to CMD against specific attack types - see Improved Trip for an example; or race bonuses that apply to one or two attack types - see Dwarves' Stability ability.

Is there an element for the effect that would make it specific to a specific Combat Maneuver type?

Thread Information