DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... Last

Savage Worlds Feature Improvements extension v2

This thread is about Savage World Feature Improvements (SWFI) extension after the first migration, in which a dozen features were included into core SW ruleset (thanks to phantomwhale). This thread is continuing the workflow presented in the old thread and should be used instead of it hereafter.

SWFI extension is a free and an unofficial SW extension which aims to add new and improved features to core SW ruleset in agile and quick delivery paced development iterations. I am very open to hear feedback, suggestions and issues/bugs about anything related to SW ruleset or this extension and can include your requests my TODO list. You're free to report any of these matters to this thread or send me email/private message.

You can download the extension from this thread (see the attachment below). Here is the list of features and improvements that this extension provides on top of the core SW ruleset:

Implemented new improvements and features
    • Traits :: Assign different Wild Die to any trait: By holding ALT down and dragging and dropping a die on any trait that die becomes the Wild Die for that trait. If the assigned Wild Die is not the default one used in your campign a die notifier will appear on top right corner of the trait.
    • Traits :: D12 trait die: In core SW ruleset D12 traits cause skill entries to overflow on PC and NPC sheets. As an improvement, when D12 is assigned to trait, no additional numberbox is rendered next to trait, instead it's rendered into bonuslist. When clicking the middle-mouse button on any trait, the bonuslist window is opened. When the middle-mouse button is clicked anywhere on bonuslist window, the window dissapears.
    • Traits :: Visible trait modifiers: Trait's total modifier is displayed on right bottom corner of the trait.
    • PCs :: Creation of pre-generated PCs: Host may export existing PCs from campaign into modules and include them into new campaign thereafter. See new option in export menu. When opened module contains pre-generated PCs the character selection will display them and host may drag 'n drop them into selection list to make them available for players.
    • PCs :: Improvements on character selection: Character selection screen was changed to be dynamically resizable. In addition character export and import features were improved to be easier to use.
    • PCs :: Unavailable characters: Host may explicitely declare any existing characteras unavailable from character selection view. When this is done the character is not displayed for any player and it cannot be selected in use.
    • PCs :: Update ally information: When NPC is dragged n' dropped into character sheet, player has possibility to update and change ally's information.
    • PCs :: PCs can talk as ally: Players can chat using any of his/her controlled ally's identity. To enable this, the ally must have been added into character sheet.
    • PC sheet :: Unskilled skill-entry: PCs should automatically have unskilled skill-entry in their character sheet.
    • PC sheet :: Favored skills on minisheet: Allow players mark any of their skills as favored. Favored skills are displayed in the minisheet.
    • PC sheet :: Build-in power extension features: Leo Gray's original power extension was built-in to this extension to make it compatible with other features.
    • PC sheet :: Show portrait on character sheet: PC's portrait image is now displayed on character sheet with speak-bubble which host can use to activate PC identity. In addition if you drag n' drop any token into PC portrait, that token becomes character's "combat token". Thereafter when you drag from PC portrait, you will drag character's "combat token" instead of the portrait itself. Combat token can be cleared with right menu option or clicking middle-mouse button on PC portrait on character sheet. You can also display current combat token by holding ALT down.
    • PC sheet :: Improvements on weapons listing: Weapons on PC sheet should have all features that other traits have. In addition ammonation should be positioned differently to save space.
    • PC sheet :: Improvements on powers listing: Powers on PC sheet should have all features that other traits have.
    • PC sheet :: Highlighting list items: When mouse is hovered over list of items that item should be highlighted to increase readability.
    • NPC sheet :: Miscellaneous improvements on NPC sheet: Minor cosmic changes on NPC sheet to increase read- and useability.
    • PC/NPC sheet :: Expanding bonuslist's label: Bonuslist window's label will expand downwards if a name is too long. In addition the label will automatically update if it's changed in sheet.
    • PC portraits :: Allow players to see other's bennies: New option was added for host to select if bennies will be displayed on PC portaits.
    • PC portraits :: Allow players to see other's Power Points: New option was added for host to select if power points will be displayed on PC portaits.
    • PC portraits :: Allow players to see other's combat conditions: New option was added for host to select if combat conditions will be displayed on PC portaits. Combat conditions include indicators for Shaken, Wounds and Incapacitated.
    • Combat tracker :: Menu options: Combat tracker has new menu on the bottom of the tracker. This menu can be used to remove all NPCs or PCs from combat tracker, and to import all active PCs into it.
    • Combat tracker :: Attack line(s): NPC have trait and weapon lines in their combat tracker entry to speed up attacking and rolling damages.
    • Combat tracker :: End turn option for players: When it's player's turn s/he can explicitely end the turn by clicking the "End turn" button.
    • Combat tracker :: Sharing minitracker to players: When host shares the minitracker to players, the minitracker won't open to host itself because s/he can use the main combat tracker. In addition players cannot close the minitracker themselves. Only the host can close everyone's combat tracker by closing the main tracker.
    • Chat :: Built-in languages feature: New option was added for host to enable and disable languages feature. Languages features works like 4E ruleset's Languages extension, but instead of using slashcommands, players and host can select used language from dropdown selection box next to the chat window. Host must prepare set of supported languages beforehand by selecting and using the languages list tool on right upper corner. Thereafter player's can define which languages they know by dragging n' dropping selected languages from that list into their characters sheet.
    • Chat :: Improved auto-complate feature: When typing into chat-entry, players and host can use autocomplete feature by typing few letters and pressing TAB. The autocomplete attempt to suggest identity names from following sources: PC names, PC allies and GM identities. To use this feature, type few initial letters of identity you're looking for, and hit TAB button. Normally you would get first found result and no way to continue the search, but as an improvement when you keep pressing TAB it will provide you all possible hits based on your initial search criteria. In addition when you hold down SHIFT and press TAB, the search will return to the previous hit.
    • Library :: Allow host to create new entries to library: Do you need new edges, hindarances or other things in your game but you don't know how to do it in XML? No need to sweat anymore. When host is browsing entries such edges, hindarances, skills, races from library, s/he can even create own custom entries into the library. Simply right click on selected library entry list and select "create new". In addition host may also copy existing entries and modify them thereafter. To copy an existing entry, right click on the entry and select "copy entry", it will make full-copy of given entry. Custom entries can thereafter be used like any other library entries. Host can also export custom library entries into modules and use them in any other campaign thereafter. To allow players to see the custom entries, remember to export your customized entries as Shared (common) enteries so client will automatically download them in use.
    • Images & Maps :: Three-layer feature in images and maps: Enable three independent layers for images and maps. Bottom layer for showing background image/blueprint, middle layer for host to setup background related tokens and tiles, and the top layer for play tokens.
    • Images & Maps :: Set independent measure scale to maps: Different map should be able to have different measure scale. Combat maps have meters/inches, but travalling maps can have kilometers and spacemaps can have lightyears etc.
    • Utilities :: Calendar and time: 4E ruleset calendar feature was implemented. Different calendar systems can be defined as modules.
    • Bug fix :: Using the "Clear die" option on Fighting skill causes an error: Bug fixed
    • Bug fix :: Character sheet's weapon types cause errors when dragged or double-clicked (if skill had no bonuses): Bug fixed

Planned improvements and features
    • Utilities :: Rollable tables: Create customizable and rollable tables. Host can create new tables and edit existing ones, and even export them to modules.
    Last edited by Ikael; April 7th, 2013 at 16:14.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I so can't wait for the images and maps feature! I have my dungeon tile tokens ready Keep up the good work
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

SWIFI v61 just got released and it brings the first attempt to implement DrZeuss' Enhanced Images (v1.41) features to SW. Some base features has been tested but it has not been used in real play-testing. Any external playtesting are welcome I will update these features whenever new version of Enhanced Images is released by DrZeuss.

New implemented features:

• Images & Maps :: Three-layer feature in images and maps: Enable three independent layers for images and maps. Bottom layer for showing background image/blueprint, middle layer for host to setup background related tokens and tiles, and the top layer for play tokens.
    • Images & Maps :: Set independent measure scale to maps: Different map should be able to have different measure scale. Combat maps have meters/inches, but travalling maps can have kilometers and spacemaps can have lightyears etc.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I have a game on Saturday that has intensive dungeon delving so I will test it out then and get back to you.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus
    I have a game on Saturday that has intensive dungeon delving so I will test it out then and get back to you.
    A few things to keep in mind with the layers are:
    1. Masking only works on the bottom layer - and you need to be "in" that layer to do it.
    2. Apply any grid to the top layer so that players can see it and interact with it and top layer tokens snap to the grid. The grid will show up on the middle layer but not the bottom layer.
    3. Add PC and NPC tokens to the top layers so players can move their tokens and target other tokens.
    4. Players can only interact with the top layer. This is exactly as designed - players can see the underlying layers but can't interact with tokens on those layers.

It's a great piece of functionality that I use all the time - just remember to keep checking which layer you're in as you're doing stuff.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Cheers for the advice, been testing away with my working mod. All seems good so far. Didn't know about the mask so thx for that. And did wonder about the grid glad that is cleared up .

Dungeon tiles all re-scaled for sw and mods made so I don't have a ton of tokens. lets see how they do.

Good work so far ikael!
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

could I request the calender extension that is used in d20, be added the list?
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeus
    could I request the calender extension that is used in d20, be added the list?
    That's doable I believe, and easier to implement since it's totally new feature. I added this to my list and will give quick overview during weekend how it's implemented in 4E

awesome stuff!

So far the multi-layered images works well. It will get a full blown test tomorrow during a game. Fingers crossed.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

SWFI v062 is here. This update brings Calendar features from 4E ruleset into SW. This is 90% pure copy-paste from 4E ruleset so it should work the very same way in both rulesets. I have also included few example calendar system (Gregorian calendar and Cyradon setting calendar) to use with this tool. You can download the calendar system module from this thread, see attachments on the first post.

• Utilities :: Calendar and time: 4E ruleset calendar feature was implemented. Different calendar systems can be defined as modules.

Thread Information