Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    I use Campaign Cartographer a lot. Yes, it has a steep learning curve and costs money - but there are good videos and step-through guides to get you going. Plus, lots and lots of different styles via the monthly releases from the annuals. These styles can be better to learn with as the amount of symbols is reduced and can be less overwhleming.

I have absolutely no artistic talent at all and I've managed to put a few maps together. Find some examples here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/m...oe-albums.html

Spoiler alert! If you plant to be a player the the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords adventure path, don't look at that album as it contains a dungeon map which will spoil it for you!
    IMO you're being a little too modest about your mapping skillz.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD
    IMO you're being a little too modest about your mapping skillz.
    Thanks very much John.

These are good examples that with the right tools even an untalented "artist" such as myself can make maps.

The effects feature within Campaign Cartographer is very powerful and used well can turn average maps into stunning cartographic wonders! Is cartographic a word?!?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes I heard

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    I use Campaign Cartographer a lot. Yes, it has a steep learning curve and costs money - but there are good videos and step-through guides to get you going. Plus, lots and lots of different styles via the monthly releases from the annuals. These styles can be better to learn with as the amount of symbols is reduced and can be less overwhleming.

I have absolutely no artistic talent at all and I've managed to put a few maps together. Find some examples here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/m...oe-albums.html

Spoiler alert! If you plant to be a player the the Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords adventure path, don't look at that album as it contains a dungeon map which will spoil it for you!
    I heard alot about CC3, was considering this one more than the others.

saw your maps. you did all 6 maps?? great job on dungeon.

Here are some more Campaign Cartographer 3 examples. This from someone with almost no artistic ability whatsoever ... me.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

not bad. can use it for simple maps. but what if I wanted to resize the objects. didnt see an option for that. Also, because its web broswer based. its not going to be a secure one. You never are going to know when they are going to shoot the server down.

It's not browser based. Campaign Cartographer is CAD based software on your PC. The albums I've created are online but the software isn't.
    Resizing the objects is a case of setting the size of the object in relation to the base grid. Because it's based on CAD software, the learning curve is steep. but the results are worth it.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Sorry, was reffering to Pyromancers Dungeon Painter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarian
    Here are some more Campaign Cartographer 3 examples. This from someone with almost no artistic ability whatsoever ... me.
    Looking good.

I may need to have my wife get me CC3 for Christmas.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information