FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It sounds like you are mostly there. If you can ger the maps out of the pdf as jpgs and you can cut and paste the text you are laughing. The rest of getting things set up will be on fg and you have that running, so I reckon you are good to go. Just let me know if theres anything I can help with mate
    Ultimate License Holder - My games are free to play
    Timezone: GMT

Mac Help

Quote Originally Posted by deepdivinbloke
    Thanks for your input,

Have been trying to get things sussed and took me about 5 hours to get as far as ripping things from the PDF, and not even sure if I have got that correct, so looks like being a long old process.

My view is, once I have done one, then I am laughing.

So far, have converted a page with a map on it to a jpeg, then copied the map alone as a jpeg to ever notes. My plan is to get everything there, and from there to Fantasy Grounds, so I will not commit to anything it I have got to that stage.

Can someone tell me if I am doing it all wrong, unfortunately, not much response to my requests for mac help, it seems all mac owners are players not GM.

Will get there eventually
    Deep,
    I told you that I use Parallels and have no issues. You have not told us your setup or anything we could use to try and help you other than a general request for tips on how to prepare an adventure on a mac. When I create adventures, I use image editing software (GraphicConverter) on the Mac side if I need to clean up DM secrets on images. The only real PC-only thing there is that I use is the parser, and it runs fine on Parallels. I also use Notepad++ for xml editing on the rare occasion that I need to (runs fine under Parallels). If you tell us what you need and what your setup is (are you using Wine/Parallels?), perhaps we could help.

Sorry for the lack of specifics, I am not very IT literate.

I am presently using wineskin to run Fantasy Grounds, and the only issue I have is when I maximise the screen, then the pointer is less than accurate, so I leave it as is.

I have got maps and dialogue on Evernote at present, but was going to ask for assistance with removing stuff from the maps, e.g. the room key numbers and secret doors. I will take a look at GraphicConverter for that solution

I have been pushed for time, and unfortunately am going to be on night shift for a couple of weeks, which always kills me, but I will be upgrading my licence and having a bash as I can.

My problem is with computers in that it takes me hours to solve relatively simple things so I am grateful for all the help I can get.

Well, I'm afraid I have no experience with wineskin, but I believe some of our Mac users have experience with it.

Blog Entries
    When I copy maps out of PDFs... they copy without any of the overtext... so removing things from the maps isn't a big deal. Can you select the images and hit 'copy' in the mac version of acrobat reader? Then you can paste the image into some sort of image software (like photoshop or something else) and save the image off as a jpg
    Generally speaking you can copy text out of the PDF and paste it into your campaign story items.

Btw... I'm not sure what this has to do with level 1 repeatable scenarios anymore.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Actually, I use Preview on the Mac, and it works pretty well. Sorry for threadjack

Well, it started as an offer to help - so my fault it has taken a spin.

I have been using preview, copying into Evernote, but still have the overlay, so if you could private message/email me the steps you have been using Bidmaron that would be superb, and then I can leave this thread alone.

PM'd you, Deep!

Thread Information