STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HighNDry
    Appreciate it. So far I've been pretty surprised. I expected it to be a flashy excel sheet with dice. Instead I discovered an extremely complex labor of love with so many options that I wonder how we never had these back in he 80s. Every system should have virtual rules.

Spent some time making a couple NPCs for my next campaign. The level of detail is awesome for players, but it does make me wonder if there is a less detailed way of making my red shirt victims to help the party.
    Welcome to FG and RMC!

There actually is an easier way to make NPCs. Open the Character Law library module. The 3rd link from the bottom is the Non-Player Character Table. Just drag an NPC that is close to what you are looking for to the NPCs list in your campaign. You will need to change the generic melee and missile attacks and add spells but it does fill in quite a bit for you. You can also drag creatures out of Creatures & Treasures.

There are 2 sticky threads, a walkthrough and videos, at the top of the RMC forums which might be useful when starting.

My signature has a link to post ideas. If you think of anything else you would like to see, please let me know.

Thank you sir. Those vids are a great help. I'm not the best at getting new programs, so any help is appreciated. I really didnt want to have to make every NPC in my campaign, so thats a relief.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, the NPC table is a huge help when making an adventure.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

EDIT: Oops that question was already answered
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Greetings,

Assuming at least some of the aforementioned rolemaster campaigns are still running, why are none of them listed in the game calander?

I played quite a bit of what is now called RM2 (the one with all the companions) in the 1990s and would love to be able to play it again online. However, I have not used a virtual tabletop before and it is not clear to me how to find and join a game, especially given the lack of rolemaster campaigns on the fantasy grounds game calander.

I would ideally like an opportunity to observe a game session, conducted at a time compatible with GMT.

I realise that this is a fairly old thread but if anyone reads this post and can advise me your assistance would be appreciated.

I belive they are what one would call "private" groups .

For me at least it means we are a bunch of friends who play together.

The language is danish, so I can't even invite you to observe.

I hope some of the other guys here can help you.

Oh and welcome to the club . I hope you find someone to play with!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amanojoe
    Greetings,

Assuming at least some of the aforementioned rolemaster campaigns are still running, why are none of them listed in the game calander?

I played quite a bit of what is now called RM2 (the one with all the companions) in the 1990s and would love to be able to play it again online. However, I have not used a virtual tabletop before and it is not clear to me how to find and join a game, especially given the lack of rolemaster campaigns on the fantasy grounds game calander.

I would ideally like an opportunity to observe a game session, conducted at a time compatible with GMT.

I realise that this is a fairly old thread but if anyone reads this post and can advise me your assistance would be appreciated.
    When games are full or not accepting players there's a check box for that on the GM side in the campaign page - checking it removes the campaign from the list.

My campaign is still going, although Wednesday is the worst possible day of the work week for it on my side... results in a less regular/frequent schedule than I would like. I'd think the time zone difference would be an issue as well... I don't think the game starts until around 0130 your time.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thank you for the responses!

Unfortunately, I don't speak Danish and 01:30 is a little too late for me

Bennis1980 said in a post somewhere that he would be hosting a Rolemaster game for the FG Virtual Con 2013. There are no Rolemaster games on the event calender yet but I hope to be able to sign up for one as soon as there is...

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by amanojoe
    Thank you for the responses!

Unfortunately, I don't speak Danish and 01:30 is a little too late for me

Bennis1980 said in a post somewhere that he would be hosting a Rolemaster game for the FG Virtual Con 2013. There are no Rolemaster games on the event calender yet but I hope to be able to sign up for one as soon as there is...

Thanks again.
    Ok, that's the kick up the arse I needed. I'll get one sorted for this weekend: probably Sat evening GMT

EDIT: I'm going to run A Wedding at Axebridge on Saturday 1st at 16:00pm UTC (that's five bells Irish and British Summertime). Hopefully that suits some of our friends across the big pond.
    Last edited by bennis1980; May 23rd, 2013 at 23:36.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Thread Information