STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 54 First ... 8910111220 ... Last

Thread: 4E Item Parser

Quote Originally Posted by valeros
    I will look at parsing the features that are not powers from the classes, themes, paragon paths, and epic destinies as time permits. I believe all of the powers for these should already be parsed under Powers.

The parser does not parse "Companions & Familiars" or Races. It does not parse Item Sets. It does not generally parse a second entry in a compendium entry (i.e., a disease listed in an item or an item listed in an alchemical ritual) as the second entry can be parsed under the other category.
    Hi!

The powers are available as you mention for paragon classes and themes. My two groups find having parsed class/paragon features good to have. I do them using the old parser and made a small book covering all that.

The old parser had these parsed with the classes powers with a heading at the beginning (before listing level powers) called "features". This eliminates the need for looking up features since you can have them on your character sheet (I place them in special abilities or situational in the powers section).

Of course your parser doing it would be MUCH better.

Primarch

Quote Originally Posted by mattcolville
    Sorry, I misunderstood your question. I thought you were asking how to use the Parser without a DDI subscription.

Alas, the only way to do it is by hand. The good news is, if you can copy the text of a monster ability and paste it into a new, blank, NPC entry, FGII will parse the text automatically so you can use it's bonuses to hit and damage and effects.
    Ok, so if I copy the green block of text and paste it into a new NPC entry, it will parse the correct info? (Crossing fingers)

Added Paragon Path features and Epic Destiny features.

Fix for rituals by level not showing ritual.

Fix for traps with same name. For this, you need to download traps again. Will not work with existing file.

For Paragon Paths & Epic Destinies, this adds only the features, not the powers. The powers can be parsed separately under powers. Also, there are a few Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that do not parse completely (e.g., Grim Blackguard) because powers are part of a particular feature. Paragon Paths & Epic Destinies are done differently than Tenian's parser.

Can you send me info on how I have to update my traps data, for the change to work?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalvenin
    Ok, so if I copy the green block of text and paste it into a new NPC entry, it will parse the correct info? (Crossing fingers)
    Not exactly. All the stats, you'll have to enter manually. But when you get to the text of a power, its effect, you can copy that and paste it into the right field in the NPC entry, and FG2 will 'understand' it. You'll be able to double click on +7 vs AC for instance, and it will make an attack roll, add seven, and compare it to the selected target's AC.

Added powers to Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies.

This also fixes the few Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that did not parse completely (e.g., Grim Blackguard).

Added powers to Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies.

This also fixes the few Paragon Paths or Epic Destinies that did not parse completely (e.g., Grim Blackguard).
    Hi!

Wow! It seems you get things going faster than I can test them!

I'm guessing class features are next?

Back to parsing more books!

Primarch

Are the paragon paths & epic destinies OK? I like this way better. You can copy the entry for the path to the character sheet and also copy each individual feature/power to the character sheet as desired. No need to lookup each part individually.

Probably Character Themes are next to get the theme features. Looks very similar to Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies, so hopefully fairly easy.

And fixing the "Augment" issue with powers. And would also like to handle power entries that have secondary powers differently instead of combining into one entry.

Added Character Themes

Added option for database type (db.xml, client.xml, common.xml)

Are the paragon paths & epic destinies OK? I like this way better. You can copy the entry for the path to the character sheet and also copy each individual feature/power to the character sheet as desired. No need to lookup each part individually.

Probably Character Themes are next to get the theme features. Looks very similar to Paragon Paths and Epic Destinies, so hopefully fairly easy.

And fixing the "Augment" issue with powers. And would also like to handle power entries that have secondary powers differently instead of combining into one entry.
    Hi!

Valeros, the paragon and epic destinies are great. Being able to select one and have all features right there to port over as links is a great feature and very easy to use!

I also like that you used the same format for the character themes, since my group will be picking some out and this eases the process considerably.

I assume this is the format you will use on the last two big categories remaining, such as Class (which will have the class features) and race (which includes racial features)?

If you tackle these two the same format you used for paragon paths and themes would be great.

By my count only Classes and Race remain to add to your parser (Also companions, but this one is not as used as perhaps Classes and Race.

Great work Valeros!

Primarch

Thread Information