Starfinder Playlist
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last
    OK - That went perfectly smooth! I actually prefer NOT having to use Steam although I don't have a valid reason other than OCD. It does seem to start up quicker, but shut down times are still ridiculously long. Oh well, still awesome!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Preferred Games: D&D5E
    Timezone: Normally US Central Time but often times others...

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid View Post
    Hi. I'm brand new to FG (or want to be...), but have been unable to install it on my MacBook Pro (10.7.5). I tried Winebottler and now Wineskin, following the instructions in both.

Everything worked up to here. Although the most recent version is 1.5.16, I tried .13 first and only then .16. Both turned out the same:

And here's where the major issue occurs. Wineskin is a folder at this stage, not an app, so there is no 'Show Package Contents' option. The file I named 'Fantasy Grounds II' is inside the folder, and if select 'Show Package Contents' for that, I can find a Wineskin app to open. Whether I do that or open Fantasy Grounds II directly, the same thing happens (with two 'Wineskin' icons in the dock - one labelled Wineskin and the other Fantasy Grounds II):
    Hey! I don't know if you've solved your problem already. I'm new to this also. I had the same issue, but I got around it by right clicking on the FG exe and choosing the "open with" option. Wineskin doesn't appear as an option in the applications, but if you search Wineskin in that window, it'll show you the Wineskin folder. Go inside it and select the wrapper you made and Fantasy Grounds will install perfectly! (Or, at least, it did for me!) I hope this helps!

PROBLEM WITH ACCESS TO FOLDERS

Goodnight everybody!

I'm using FantasyGrounds on Mac, via wineskin, and it does not let me add / create "bags" for new tokens, or if I browse the "GM" or "Shared" catalogs, when I choose a token and drag it to the map , Does not add it finally (does not give error either)?

The only token "bags" that let me use are the modules loaded or purchased. It seems that since the application of FG could not have access to the contents of the PC folders that are opened by pressing "GM" or "Shared" ... or any other "Folder".

Has anyone had something like this or do you know how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much to all!

I don't know about macs but to get tokens to appear on the map, they have to be assigned to an article in the Combat Tracker, so drag the token first to the N/PC on the CT then from the CT to the map

Oh and welcome to the Forums, Grutino

Quote Originally Posted by grutino View Post
    PROBLEM WITH ACCESS TO FOLDERS

Goodnight everybody!

I'm using FantasyGrounds on Mac, via wineskin, and it does not let me add / create "bags" for new tokens, or if I browse the "GM" or "Shared" catalogs, when I choose a token and drag it to the map , Does not add it finally (does not give error either)?

The only token "bags" that let me use are the modules loaded or purchased. It seems that since the application of FG could not have access to the contents of the PC folders that are opened by pressing "GM" or "Shared" ... or any other "Folder".

Has anyone had something like this or do you know how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much to all!

Goodnight!!

He solved the problem.
    It was a window controller issue that US Wineskin. If it is not configured well, there is no letting the windows of the operating system be "communicated" with those of the "ready" (wrapped) application.

In short, he set up a few points (on the whole the X11 that looked like windows to the window, and leaves the default driver of the system), and now all perfect. ;RE

The steps that followed:
    (1) in applications, search FantasyGrounds and "show package contents".
    (2) run / open Wineskin.app
    (3) configure "Display Options" (as indicated in the attachment).
    (4) configure "Wineskin Advanced" (as indicated in the attachment).

Thank you very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin Righ View Post
    ... but to get tokens to appear on the map, they have to be assigned to an article in the Combat Tracker...
    Tokens can appear on the map from any source - they can be dragged straight from a token bag, for example. They don't need to come from the combat tracker to allow tokens to show on the map.

However, if you want the token to be linked to a PC or NPC then, yes, the (N)PC must be on the combat tracker first, before adding the token (from the CT) to the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

[Deleted]
    Last edited by Ampersand; May 30th, 2017 at 23:21. Reason: Found Answer

I've tried playing with the various settings in wineskin on my notebook and they all seem to still act a bit weird to me. Sometimes they still chop off the starting screen other times I lose my pointer, etc.

I'm assuming since this is all self-contained in the package. I did the installer where I just dragged/dropped it into my Applications folder, I can do the same to drop it into trash or do I need to go clean out some files elsewhere? If elsewhere, where are the files I need to delete as well?

Good evening folks.

In an attempt to give our regular DM a break from the responsibility I have been trying to fire up a campaign for him to play in on fantasy grounds since his campaign has gone swimmingly since we came over from another application.

However one hiccup I have run into that he hasn't been able to help me work out since I am on a Mac and he isn't is an inability to get the Character Converter to work with any application that I have tried to get to run it (Winebottler, Crossover, etc)

Has anyone on a mac been able to get the Character Converter working on their Mac? And any insight as to what you are using? The forums have been a big help but I haven't found a solution to this yet.

Thanks in advance.

Game on!

Thread Information