FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thank you AMonkey! Great news!

Good thing too, because I'm only on chapter 3 of the Ruleset anatomy guide (part of my perfectionist streak is I have to understand something in totality before I begin work lol)...

Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    Thank you AMonkey! Great news!

Good thing too, because I'm only on chapter 3 of the Ruleset anatomy guide (part of my perfectionist streak is I have to understand something in totality before I begin work lol)...
    My friend who is a lawyer and a gamer said don't touch anything with SW on it with a ten foot pole... Too much trouble. So I'm not gonna be able to send anything out. Sorry... Hopefully you can figure it out on your own.
    Last edited by AMonkeyWithAFez; September 27th, 2012 at 22:34.

I'm sure others can chime in with more info, but it seems to me that by providing a Ruleset, you're not distributing anything that infinges on a copyright. Heck, if you go to the FFG Star Wars forums, you'll see lots of user generated crib sheets/docs/excel files/etc. being distributed that go far beyond anything a Ruleset would provide.

It's generally agreed that a character sheet only ruleset is legal presuming you don't add any copyrighted art (I'm not a lawyer though!). Character sheet only means no automation of the rules. However, the problem is that even if it is legal most people wouldn't want any legal hassels with Lucas. Generally its wise to get permission even if something is legal. Some companies have policies for fan created material. Lucas is known for aggressively going after infringment of their intelectual property which is probably what AMonkeyWithAFez's friend was worried about.

Publishers will rarely give permission for a ruleset (even a community one) where there are licensing restrictions and other online content licensees (e.g. https://www.swtor.com/). This is because the legal types see virtual tabletops as "computer game". Ironic when you consider the feedback from the Steam community. So, you are "facilitating the playing of a role-playing game online" - which can infringe on the rights given to another party.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

@neilgfoster - Just want to say that, as I'm churning through your WHFRP ruleset, you really went above and beyond the call of duty! Good job!

Emrak, MonkeyWithAFez,

If you end up creating a ruleset for SWEotE and need help coding a library for it, I'd be willing. I am also willing to help coding the ruleset, albeit I have never done any ruleset.

I however created a library for WFRP3rd edition, that is complementary to Neil's WFRP3 ruleset. Regarding copyright infringement, I wanted to mention that FFG has been very comprehensive about the coding of the library, and Games Workshop is know to be as stringent as Lucasfilm.

I think the most important is not to code how the rules work nor make them available publicly in an help module. A ruleset with dice pool, character sheet, and even talents, weapon qualities etc has not been a problem.

Anyway, as I said, I'd be very interested to help you with the SWEotE ruleset. Basically, I am happy to help code a library for it (talents, weapon qualities, NPCs, starships etc...) as I did for WFRP3, or help with the ruleset if needed.

Let me know, and in any case, I'd love to see your SWEotE rulesets. I was thinking to create one myself using Neil's latest WFRP3 work, but if someone is already working on it, I'd prefer to help those persons.

Cheers
    Ceodryn

PS: If you are interested in my library for WFRP3, come and join the WFRP3 Virtual Google Group and you can download it there, as well as other mods for WFRP3 FG2.
    Last edited by Ceodryn; November 27th, 2012 at 14:39.

I'd buy this ruleset and any extras for it in a heartbeat.

I just wanted to resurrect this thread, and see if anyone has worked on a SWEotE ruleset, and would be able to share it?

Thanks in advance
    Ceodryn
    Are you not getting enough Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd or Star Wars Edge of the Empire? Are you curious about playing them online? Join the FFG Virtual RPG board!

+1.

There is basic "ruleset" for maptool available.. but I don't like maptool . If anyone has done any job coding this for Fantasy Grounds - please share!

Thanks,
    Radek.

Thread Information