FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extension to handle Protection from Energy/Arrows?

Hello!

Is there an extension to handle protection from Arrows/Energy?

I didn't think I'd need it but it was the first spell a new player (wizard) cast so I'm guessing it's more important than I gave credit for.

Thank you in advance,
    Sudain

Sadly not that I know, but I do remember Kelrugem mentioning he was thinking about adding that someday

That is certainly one of the more fiddly things to track IMO.
    At the moment, protection from energy is best handled as RESIST: 120 cold and then with each attack you have to lower 120 by the amount of damage absorbed.
    Ranged is tougher.

EDIT: I needed to edit the post, I was first confusing the rules below So, if you already read my answer, please read again

yeah, I want to do it somewhen but had no time yet It is basically like the mirror image handler of Darrenan but with variable increments given by the incoming damage. Since I completely rewrote the Damage script I can also try to add that However, it is fiddly as bmos said, not sure about PF1 but in 3.5e such an effect has to come after IMMUNE, FORTIF, HRESIST and RESIST etc. but before anything else, especially before the effects amplifying damage (in order to minimize damage; the RESIST before that enhances the Protection spell). However, there is also the spell "Resist Energy" which explicitly states that it comes after the Protection of Energy effect So, I probably need an extra tag for that behaviour since that may not be the only exception
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 30th, 2021 at 13:11.

Okay thank you! I'll try to keep the resist trick in mind for now. Mentioning the Mirror image handler gave me an idea to see if I can setup a couple "REMOVE: 1 Prot from Arrow" effects (1x and 10x) effects. I'd love the automated math part, but just having an accurate track (even if manual) the remaining buffer is what I care most about as a DM. Well blind-fight then protection from Energy/Arrow tracking - we had 3 criticals last night that went through because of blind-fight last night.

Kelrugem, what are thoughts on making ranged a "damage type" in your bypass extension, then would this work?

IMMUNE: ranged

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    Kelrugem, what are thoughts on making ranged a "damage type" in your bypass extension, then would this work?
    Once I finally have time again, I can try But why would you need that? That is a big range of immunities

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Once I finally have time again, I can try But why would you need that? That is a big range of immunities
    I see was thinking of D&D 1.0 or 2.0, this is a bit more of a pain.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

ah, yeah, such things are certainly also in my target (also stoneskin)

This would most easily be fixed by adding "ranged" and "melee" to rAction.tags for the appropriate attack types. Then you could just use "IFTAG: ranged; DR: 10 magic"

Thread Information