DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789

Thread: Videos

I have been following the Praise for Old Men campaign and thoroughly enjoying it! Extremely well done and entertaining!! Were those maps you guys were using just scanned out of Demons of the Burning Night or did you have to make each one?

Great question! Glad you’re enjoying the Campaign, Grimbold.

GM made all the maps in Campaign Cartographer II or III after looking at the ones that were usually line art maps/drawings in black and white!
    He spent hours on them, he’d say (GM @Ancellus).
    That said there are also maps that have old school Dundjinni artpack stuff that can still be scrounged around online, too.

There was a recent kickstarter of AUTO mapping software called Dungeon Alchemist where you choose the theme(Library, Tavern, etc.) drag-size your mouse and voilà instant dungeon rooms! Not only that, but the rooms then calculate what is “occluded” for active lighting TTRPG software to cast shadows and line of sight effects!

It's taken months but I've finally finished listening to the entire Praise of Old Men campaign as listed on Youtube. I was wonderfully enthralled by your stories and wanted to offer a hearty thanks for all the effort it took to record, edit, and publish. Well done chaps!

Awesome to hear and thanks again for the kudos and smile in your heart from the watch!

Wolfshield definitely set the bar high with his polished look for edits he made. As promised, I do have subsequent sessions recorded that I have yet to likewise publish, so the game doesn’t end there.
    When I have the impetus to get it done, I’ll post the “lost files” of us continuing the game as often as we did until we recently ended the game from the usual ennui a campaign finds itself in(due to conflicting schedules and other Real Life issues).
    That said, look for future interviews I’ll post looking back at the game with the players and GM that ran around in TKA’s Shadow World…

We promised to keep in touch so who know about a reprise in the future, but until then you can enjoy a few Rolemaster Campaigns by clicking the link in my Signature for my Twitch channel where I keep the recent games I play in for about a month or two.

Enjoy!

PS: I always love asking the questions:
    1/ what was your favourite(top 3) episodes(memories) of the run?
    2/ what did you not like?
    Last edited by Majyk; July 18th, 2022 at 09:04. Reason: PS

That's very kind of you to say. Thanks! Stuart, the GM, really brought Shadow World to life!

Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    PS: I always love asking the questions:
    1/ what was your favourite(top 3) episodes(memories) of the run?
    2/ what did you not like?
    The encounters were so clever! Seeing a flash of silver from beneath the hooded body, lifting the cloth and finding nothing there, and then the description of how it rose up to attack was chilling! Meeting the stranded pirates was clever but breaking into the obelisk was exciting. And the corruption of Sylk to the demon who possessed her were all peak moments. But the little things also stood out - the constant requests for rewk, the mysterious leather hood...bag...thing, the way the party members took the time to know each other's strengths and weaknesses and would call each other over to help with things. Jumping on the back of a wyvern. Miscasting a portal spell. The "prison pocket" suggestion. I was sniggering to myself with my headphones on and my wife was looking at me like I was mental. And it went on for hours! Everyone who participated did a wonderful job.

There was very little (for me) not to like. Stuart is a very compelling story teller and almost everything seemed to just sort of fit the adventure. There are very few/none to be found recorded Rolemaster games out there so I'm very glad I found yours!

You so rock, Grimbold11 - cheers for the feedback.

For you and others’ viewing pleasure today:
    Hi all,

If you enjoyed GM Ancellus’ The Praise of Old Men campaign(Kurgan, Rihat, Sharna, Sylke, Ugnan, and more) that we used to stream on my Twitch channel, and the awesomely edited Youtube vids of our early capers on Wolfshield’s channel, then come on out and join us in a kewl and interactive Post Campaign Q&A today in 6ish hours from now.

We’ll record it if you do miss it, but if you ever had a burning question or comment you’d like to have made while we were in our heyday, meet us and post it live on Twitch chat, or PM it to me here and I’ll ask when streaming today!

Thanx for all the love, laughs, and eyeballs throughout our story arcs.
    See you, then!

Thread Information