STAR TREK 2d20

Modifying the SWEX Player's Guide .mod File

Is it possible to make modifications to this file for my own personal use?

Or is protected somehow so that I can't modify it?

It's totally open for changes (although be careful, as updates will override it).

the .mod file is just a zipfile, which you should be able to open with any Zip program.

Any particular changes you are looking to make ?
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

I was going to update some of the powers to be more in-line with Deluxe. But, something is wonky, I can't even change one word of the text in any of the .mod files or they completely dissapear from my modules activation window.

I tried it with swex_pg_final.mod and HorrorCompanion.mod any idea why it would be doing that?

Not sure - you simply need to unzip them, modify the file, rezip them and put the file back into place. Might want to keep the original file in a DIFFERENT directory too (as backup).

For what it's worth, I'm on the home straight for getting the official SWD module "done" now - the Chase tool has been taking much longer than hoped, but otherwise it's pretty much ready...
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

A SWDE would be great!

Something is definately off with my modules. I'm trying a re-install of FG...

Thread Information