DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries

Apple OS X 10.8, RowMote + AirPlay = potential FGII on any Apple Device Bliss

Hi, is anyone running the latest 10.8 OS X and FGII on Mac?

If so, has anyone played with the new integrated AirPlay/AirMirroring functionality in the latest version of the OS?

If so and you have an iPad, iPhone and/or Apple TV, you can use an app called RowMote which enables you to remote control your Mac and any application; combined with AirPlaying/Mirroring the app window to any local Apple device, opens up the possibility of running FGII instances on iPads and Apple TVs.

I'm planning to upgrade one of my iMacs in the next week or so and plan to give this a go. I already have this working (sort of) under 10.7.4 using an app called AirParrot. I am also using this approach to run full Mac OS X client software (Plex) on Apple TVs around my home to great effect. As long as you have a good local area network connecting the devices performance is very good. Hell, even 1080p playback with mirroring to another device works without any glitches. Very cool.

Seeing FantasyGroundsII running from my AppleTV's is quite cool.
    Last edited by Zeus; August 14th, 2012 at 12:07.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    You should walk around your house and broadcast FG from room to room as you walk.

I'm subscribing to this post and interested to see what you come up with -- which I find myself thinking quite often.

Thread Information