FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Thanks. I might reconsider using voice, but I think as long as the players are using voice and if I prepare most of the txt before hand It doesn't slow things down too much. I was able to complete Paizo's Hollows 'Last Hope' in two sessions and most of the 1st dungeon in 'Crown of the Kobold King' in two sessions before I had to suspend my Gaming for a season. It may drag out an adventure an extra hr, where I might have to do as you suggested and run two 3-4 hr sessions per adventure or one longer 6hr sesson. But anyhow, I think DMing a few PFS games would be right up my alley as I always find it difficult to commit to long campaigns as much as I'd love to be able to, usually do to work and family obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronsonortiz
    I think DMing a few PFS games would be right up my alley as I always find it difficult to commit to long campaigns as much as I'd love to be able to, usually do to work and family obligations.
    Great - ask any questions you may have here in the forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

what ruleset are you using now to run PF games? Last time I GMed it was with JPG_d20. Is that still the norm or is the PFRRG setting of the 3.5E Ruleset the way to go?

what ruleset are you using now to run PF games? Last time I GMed it was with JPG_d20. Is that still the norm or is the PFRRG setting of the 3.5E Ruleset the way to go?
    3.5E with the PFRPG setting is completely the way to go - much more functionality in the base ruleset, recent modules and extensions are written for this ruleset as well as the creature parser (which is invaluable for preparing PFS scenarios).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, so where do I start to run a PFS game?

OK, so where do I start to run a PFS game?
    Read the "sticked" threads in this forum (particularly this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17107 and https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...d.php?t=17108), the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play (download from Paizo) give you all the guidelines for playing and running a PFS game.

Saving up for a full license (and eventually ultimate).
    Loving Fantasy Grounds so far and would love to GM a game.

EDIT:
    By the time I can GM on FG2 I'll probably just be hosting Numenera games ^^.
    Hopefully that system will get some love when it comes out.
    Last edited by Manium; September 2nd, 2012 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Claybot
    I'd like to GM, but I don't have any experience with Pathfinders. I've DM'd quite a bit for D&D, I'd like to get a couple games of pathfinder under my belt first.
    If you've DM'ed for D&D (especially 3.5) then you've DM'ed for Pathfinder. Pathfinder is very similar to 3.5 and is almost a direct copy in all but name (and publishing rights..). There are few subtle changes here and there, but nothing that can't be gotten used to within a few hours.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Alright, now that I've played my first PFS scenario, I'll be looking into GMing one in October. Is there a popular scenario that hasn't been getting run recently/ever?

Thread Information