FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    At this point you will have a basic campaign structure - images/maps and NPCs. Now you can start building up the story entries and start to bring it all together. I will cover more on this in my next post.
    Where is this post? I'm assuming it's another thread but I can't find it.

p.s.--Thanks for this and everything else you're providing for the community Trenloe! Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Emrak
    Where is this post? I'm assuming it's another thread but I can't find it.

p.s.--Thanks for this and everything else you're providing for the community Trenloe! Good job!
    I didn't end up doing a follow up post - I'll get round to it someday...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When I export battle maps from the scenarios and bring them into Fantasy Grounds, I am sometimes unable to match the grid of the map with the grid in FG; it seems the map is slightly off and the fG grid doesn't match a dozen hex further in one direction.

Does anyone have a technique to adjust the image to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    When I export battle maps from the scenarios and bring them into Fantasy Grounds, I am sometimes unable to match the grid of the map with the grid in FG; it seems the map is slightly off and the fG grid doesn't match a dozen hex further in one direction.

Does anyone have a technique to adjust the image to avoid this?
    I have found an answer to this:

By using the measuring tool in an image editing software (like Gimp or Photoshop), you can how many pixels there are in 10 squares horizontally and vertically. The image can then be re-scaled to be the same round number in each direction.

For example, a map in scenario #4-21 had 57.4 pixels per square horizontally, and 54.2 vertically. I re-scaled the image so that each square were 50x50. Going into FG and applying a grid worked at that point.

An image processing error during the production of the scenario probably lead to this error, but likely only matters for those using the map in a VTT like FG.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    I have found an answer to this:

By using the measuring tool in an image editing software (like Gimp or Photoshop), you can how many pixels there are in 10 squares horizontally and vertically. The image can then be re-scaled to be the same round number in each direction.

For example, a map in scenario #4-21 had 57.4 pixels per square horizontally, and 54.2 vertically. I re-scaled the image so that each square were 50x50. Going into FG and applying a grid worked at that point.

An image processing error during the production of the scenario probably lead to this error, but likely only matters for those using the map in a VTT like FG.
    Yup. I learned that from an excellent vid found here after I had the same frustrations. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...rescale-1a.wmv .

As you've found sometimes the mismatch can be enough that requires a manual rescaling in an external graphics application.

I often find that it is near enough to match as close as possible on a square in the middle of the map and nudge/resize by a pixel or 2 using the grid control. Then the mismatch is usually only visible the closer you get to the edge of the map and not too much of an issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I found this post when searching for the answer to the grid matching issue, which has a step-by-step process that's quick and works every time. His process is the same as in the video linked above (he actually links to it as his source materiel), but is a little easier to follow. He even includes an Excel file that makes the math portion of the process quick and easy as well.

https://onlinedungeonmaster.com/2011...50-pixel-grid/
    Last edited by Illrigger; June 26th, 2013 at 21:46.

One more free tool I have found very useful is Combat Manager. Many of the NPCs from scenarios are already input into it, and it allows you to take base creatures from the PRD and apply templates by just clicking the template name, so things like a Young Slime Mold or Advanced Goblin Dog are very quickly dealt with. The statblocks it generates take a little manipulation (just removing some spaces) to get to work in the parser, but they work great.

I know Hero Lab will do the same thing, but I found that Combat Manager is a little faster in most cases, and I tend to use them side by side - Hero Lab for NPCs and CM for monsters.

https://combatmanager.com/

Updated the first post (at the bottom) with a document that contains good notes on converting Pathfinder scenarios into FG.

I suppose this is an optional steps which depends on the preferences of the GM: After processing the stat blocks, looking/making the tokens that will be used for the NPCs is a step before importing in FG & creating the encounters.

Thread Information