DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 40 First 1234513 ... Last
    Thanks Mellock for the new server. Also thanks Nick for providing access to your server when the original FG community server retired. I've updated the first post to include new info.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My server is still up and still being used by FG members. We now have two options, one in the US and one I assume in Australia. I prefer not to post passwords in public forums, so the GMs using the server have the info to give out to their players.

Should any other GM wish to use my server, just message me for the connection info.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

The other one is in London, actually. It shouldn't be a problem to have it moved, if that becomes a problem. I'm glad there's two options for teamspeak now though.

@ Nick:

I would like to try running some game sessions between your TS server and Mellock's to test out, if that's not a problem?

I ran my PFS scenario yesterday on the London server and we had three episodes that lasted each less than 5 minutes where no one could hear each other without heavy distortion. Disconnecting and client-side tests didn't change anything. I reached the conclusion that there was a bandwidth congestion/lag issue close to the server during those three moments. I could be wrong though, hence why I would like to test with two different servers over the next few weeks...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    @ Nick:

I would like to try running some game sessions between your TS server and Mellock's to test out, if that's not a problem?

I ran my PFS scenario yesterday on the London server and we had three episodes that lasted each less than 5 minutes where no one could hear each other without heavy distortion. Disconnecting and client-side tests didn't change anything. I reached the conclusion that there was a bandwidth congestion/lag issue close to the server during those three moments. I could be wrong though, hence why I would like to test with two different servers over the next few weeks...
    I was running a game at the same time and using the TS server just like lachancery... noticed the same issues, although they cleared up within a few minutes... more distortion than anything in our case. The TS server had around 15 people using it at the time (around 8:50 PM Central I think).
    Last edited by JohnD; August 4th, 2013 at 21:03.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

If this becomes a constant nuisance, I can move the server, if neccesary. I'll keep an eye on it. If anything like this comes up, please keep reporting it: it's supposed to make gaming easier, not detract from it.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    @ Nick:

Would be better to fix the problem, but barring that it's no problem to hop to my server should things get bad.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Around 22:26 EDT (GMT-4), we started having heavy distortion/choppiness. The Teamspeak server, or its Internet connection, seems to have crashed a few minutes later as all of us got booted and couldn't reconnect for a few minutes.

Started distortion/choppiness again at 23:07 EDT (GMT-4). We switched to Nickademus' server at this point, and it was clear.
    Last edited by lachancery; August 8th, 2013 at 04:10.

I used the London server for 3 hours last night with no problems but then I am most of the players are based in London. Nice to have two options though

Hmmm. Lachancery and JohnD, you are both in Canada. Are you guys both closer to Montreal or closer to Vancouver? I can run a test server at either location for a month and see if that fixes everything.

Nickademus42, may I ask who you're hosting with, and what location the server is in? Perhaps I just made a bad choice in hosting myself. (I asked a few euro players if they had problems at any time, but none so far.)

Big thanks for reporting the problems.

Thread Information