DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardem
    Oh crap looks like lots of changes to my extension to be had, oh well nothing better to do I guess.
    Sorry about the Ardem. I don't think I made many changes that should touch many of the same files that you were using but it probably will take awhile to verify that. Please let me know if you need any help.

As lachancery pointed out most of the juicy changes are module related because we couldn't share them without an official release. Some of the missing information in Creatures and Treasures chapters 10 and 11 has been added. We also fixed a lot of critical table results that didn't match the text. There might be a few more so let us know if you see any.

It was made compatible with FG v2.9. One nice thing about that you can resize some of the windows just by moving to the edge of the window. A resize arrow will appear and you can just click and drag without using Ctrl.

It's great that all the hard work of community members went into a new official release!

While going through the list of goodies Dakadin's Extend RMC did on top of RMC 1.2, I'd wondered why these weren't part of the official package.

Or was that always the idea and Dakadin's extension was merely a beta test of the features for 1.3?

As you can see, I'm very new to the forums and not entirely clear on the hierarchy - I actually bought FG & RMC 1.2 on Sat

Logo Design, Page Design of Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
    Logo re-vamp of Shadow World.
    Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
    Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX

Check out my online Sketchpad.

Quote Originally Posted by craggles
    It's great that all the hard work of community members went into a new official release!

While going through the list of goodies Dakadin's Extend RMC did on top of RMC 1.2, I'd wondered why these weren't part of the official package.

Or was that always the idea and Dakadin's extension was merely a beta test of the features for 1.3?

As you can see, I'm very new to the forums and not entirely clear on the hierarchy - I actually bought FG & RMC 1.2 on Sat
    Welcome to FG craggles!

Actually Extend RMC started out with me just trying to provide some additional functionality that I saw in some of the other rulesets. Then I started making changes that would help a GM run a game a bit smoother. When lachancery and I started adding module information that we couldn't share without an official release, we started working to get things updated in the official RMC ruleset. Extend RMC was a beta test for some of that time but the last couple months there weren't many updates because I had already merged it with the RMC ruleset. So my game became the alpha testers and lachancery's game was the beta testers.

I hope you enjoy it.

Please let us know if you have any ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    Welcome to FG craggles!

I hope you enjoy it.

Please let us know if you have any ideas.
    Thank you! I'm sure I will enjoy it - but first, I'm going to be having fun as a player in bennis1980 game.

I do have some ideas but I think some of them aren't covered in FG at all yet. (I've been looking at the feature request page for FG 3 and added my votes there) but they include:

Player facing with suggested flank and rear bonuses to apply for the GM. I'm not sure when a player/NPC wouldn't get a rear and/or flank bonus from those positions but having it as an option popup would keep the overall control with the GM but also make sure he doesn't miss them.

Automatic range modifiers for missile/thrown/directed spells to the attack roll. I suppose this will need to be taken from the character sheet as superior/magical/spell mastery could mean the ranges were different from the original RMC tables.

Automatic 'pace' suggestions for distance moved for full, 75%, half and 25% activity. So if you wanted to move from 'a' to 'b', which is a distance of 'x', it would popup with 4 suggested paces you'd need to cover the distance for the % activity you want to use for movement based on your character's Move.

I'm not sure where I read it as I'd read loads of forum threads in the last few weeks (and my memory is abysmal), but at one time the tokens weren't able to lock to a hex grid as they do with a square one. For the automatic facing penalties and bonuses, a hex grid is the easiest to see it on. Someone on the forum was shot down when they said that Rolemaster uses a Hex grid by default so I'm not going to say that but ICE did always have a hex grid in the back of the books to photocopy and in the section on facing penalties, to illustrate it, they showed a player on a hex grid so whenever I GM, a hex grid is used and I intend to use the same for FG games as well. Having tokens locked to the grid would be needed for that (or a toggle so the GM can decide not to have them locked to the centre if he preferred or for certain situations).

There were more that I can't remember but will come back to me in the coming weeks of playing. Also, in the player demo at the FG Con, I mentioned some to lachancery as well.

You would want to get the hierarchy right or your risk execution, or even worse, banishment!!!

You are very welcome on board my campaign, I'm quite new to all thir myself. It will be great to try the new version of RMC (especially the NPC table, I'm fond of NPC enemies and this will make it a doddle). I agree with your suggestions. Maybe you should put as many of them as you can think of in Dakadin's Idea Informer which he set up recently and I've been meaning to use myself.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    I agree with your suggestions. Maybe you should put as many of them as you can think of in Dakadin's Idea Informer which he set up recently and I've been meaning to use myself.
    I've added the first 2 ideas but I seem to be unable to add more.

I am the first it seems though - but the update only came yesterday. :P

I just added two myself (one was a variation on your pace idea above)
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I'm not sure where I read it as I'd read loads of forum threads in the last few weeks (and my memory is abysmal), but at one time the tokens weren't able to lock to a hex grid as they do with a square one.
    Last I checked (it was during my Friday tutorial you attended I believe), the token snapping on the hex grids was fixed, and the distance calculated were right. Let us know if you encounter any problem with hex grids.

I agree with your suggestions (hadn't thought of your pacing idea though), they also rank high on my wish list.
    Last edited by lachancery; July 30th, 2012 at 15:31.

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    I also noticed there is a new section of unskilled actions in Charactes Law. Do I need to access them here or are these items that are in the combat tracker / elsewhere already?
    There are four unskilled actions left in the table:

The Base Casting Roll is used to cast non-attack spells. In the base rules, these spells always succeed on a roll above 01-02. A player could simply roll a straight D100. It becomes useful to drag over to the character sheet when using extraordinary spell casting optional rules, as there might be other modifiers that provide bonus to these rolls.

Dodge and Movement can be rolled directly from the combat tracker by dragging/double-clicking the shadow dice under the Move rate. That roll is locked to using Ag/Qu modifier only though. These become useful to drag over to the character sheet when a character has special abilities or modifiers for these situations, as they would need to be manually set as modifiers for every roll.

When making maneuvers while stunned, the SD stat bonus is used to reduce the penalty from being stunned. This is automated, but locked. Again, if the character has special abilities or modifiers that increase this bonus, it could be tracked here. (But since it's not normally a roll, this is less useful, unless the character's special ability allows a roll.)
    Last edited by lachancery; July 30th, 2012 at 15:32.

Thread Information