STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

RMC Version 1.3.1 is now available in the store

If you purchased through RPGNow/DriveThruRPG or through the FG store, you should have received an update announcement via email. You can re-download the updated version through your Order History (visible at the bottom of the Store page.)

Thanks to Dakadin and Lachancery for their support and for Lee Rice for his support up to this point.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....xcp?id=DGA080

Be sure to check out the user manual that is linked at the top of the product description on the link above. If you have any screenshots you'd like to share for the ruelset, please send them to [email protected] and we may add them to the product page.

-Doug

I just downloaded & installed the latest version via the download link in teh email I received from y'all. Everything looked like it went as it should, but when I launch FG and go to create a new campaign, the only Rolemaster option I see is for "RolemasterClassic." Selecting that brings up the ruleset detail below, which shows the version as 1.3. Also, All of the old extensions (I think) including "Extended RMC" are still there.

Does that all seem correct? For some reason, I expected there to either be 2 rulesets - which is what happened with the last (hopefully not literally) Castles & Crusades upgrade - or to not see the "Extended RMC" extension. I also expected to see the version reading "1.3.1" and not "1.3." Thanks for the update, tho! And thanks to the contributors who put in all that hard work!!!
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Left me confused though, after this update. I might have gone blind, as I don't see where the frames and icons folders are now.

I seem to remember the Rolemaster folder was found under "rulesets", after the installation of this update, the "rulesets" folder of FG2

*edit: found out what happened after the update, the RM ruleset was installed as a .pak file in the root x86 folder*
    Last edited by Shockbolt; July 29th, 2012 at 20:41.
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

It might just be me, but i can't get the lighting, colour, combat tracker, character or library buttons (top right to work). The attack resolver, tables and modifier buttons do work.

FG is updated to the latest version, and this is a newly created campaign

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out i had the extend RMC option ticked. Works fine without
    Last edited by Arion; July 29th, 2012 at 21:12.

For clarity's sake, the latest version of the ruleset includes all the functionality of Extend RMC plus the many updates to the library modules. Extend RMC is thus no longer needed when you have updated to v1.3.

I am very impressed with all the extra features! Might be worth mentioning that somewhere at the top of the user manual pdf though, as i am sure others will do what i did, which is start a new campaign and click smoothed stats and extend rmc

As lachancery points out, you don't need Extend RMC for version 1.3 of the ruleset. It includes everything from Extend RMC plus some things that we couldn't share because of copyright reasons. In fact if you enable Extend RMC you will actually be losing functionality so delete it so you won't have any trouble.

Sorry, i typed that quickly, and i didn't get it right!

What i meant was that i am extremely impressed with the features of 1.3!

Ok, so just to be clear, even though teh email said the new version is 1.3.1, it's actually 1.3... correct?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Quote Originally Posted by Arion
    Sorry, i typed that quickly, and i didn't get it right!

What i meant was that i am extremely impressed with the features of 1.3!
    Thanks. Let me know if you think of anything else. I maintain an list of things to work on for it and I am always looking for new ideas. Also let me know if you encounter any issues, I want this ruleset to run smoothly so you can focus on your games and not have to worry about the ruleset.

Thread Information