FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Nice job! I am curious what file is causing the error. Would you mind adding one at a time until you get the error so we can find out?

I have now copied your User settings folder, the images folder, portraits, drawings, moduledb, temp and still no error. So these can be used.

However in your image folder your have subfolders ofcourse you know these images will not display in your campaign. RMC will only look into the flat folder for 'images' not within subfolders.

@dakadin actually that was my plan <smile>. I am still a techie at heart.
    Last edited by Ardem; July 29th, 2012 at 05:10.

Located your issue the Campaign.xml is corrupted everything else is fine. If you do as I say above. As they are really the only files you need, FG will create a new campaign.xml

Opening the campaign.xml you will see what I mean a series of squares where the code should be 3-4 lines of legible text.

Easy peezy.

Brilliant Ardem, it worked! You just saved me from having to scrap a huge campaign!

(Thanks also to Dakadin for offering to take a look at the issue as well).

Great support, boys!

I was wondering if you tech gurus could solve another quick issue. One of my friends is visiting from Canada (I'm in Korea) and brought a new laptop along. We're getting ready to fire up this campaign but, as you might expect, he can't take ownership of his character for the campaign because he's using a completely new laptop that has never, until now, had FG installed on it. His character is perfectly visible and accessible on my host instance of FG, though (he can't see any of the characters except new ones that I created since my fresh install of this campaign via this thread). Is there anything I can do that will allow him to use his old character, or does he basically just have to manually re-input it in his PC?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPHiLiX
    I was wondering if you tech gurus could solve another quick issue. One of my friends is visiting from Canada (I'm in Korea) and brought a new laptop along. We're getting ready to fire up this campaign but, as you might expect, he can't take ownership of his character for the campaign because he's using a completely new laptop that has never, until now, had FG installed on it. His character is perfectly visible and accessible on my host instance of FG, though (he can't see any of the characters except new ones that I created since my fresh install of this campaign via this thread). Is there anything I can do that will allow him to use his old character, or does he basically just have to manually re-input it in his PC?
    Character ownership is tied to the player name entered when joining the session - so I'm guessing your friend is not joining with the same player name. This is shown as the "owned by" label in character selection.

One option is as GM, right-click on his character and select "clear owner" - then your friend will be able to select the character.

However, if they have other items in the campaign - such as personal notes, they will need to join with the original player name so that they can see all of those things.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 3rd, 2012 at 23:56.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

As the GM on the character list window, right click on the characters you want him to see and select the Clear Owner option. He should be able to see them after that.

EDIT: Trenloe beat me too it.

By the Tech Gods! Brilliant and fast as lightning, haha!

Thanks guys!

Another comment in this thread that had me scratching my head at the beginning: the owner ID is case-sensitive. To quote my player's original issue, the user "lopan" is different than "LoPan".

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Another comment in this thread that had me scratching my head at the beginning: the owner ID is case-sensitive. To quote my player's original issue, the user "lopan" is different than "LoPan".
    Ownership is case sensitive so FG sees those two names as different users.

Thread Information