DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Rolemaster UI skin

I recently acquired FG2 and the RM addon to it. I decided to "upgrade" the graphics to make them both easier to read and understand and at the same time create a more "pleasing to the eye" UI. Keep in mind, I'm doing this on my own, this is in no way something I'm doing for an official release of the RM addon for FG2.

There's still much work to be done but here's how it looks today:

https://www.ironthrone.no/ICE/FG2_new_RMgfx01.jpg

Nice job! I like the fact that you use text for some of the items. It makes it easier for me to track things down.

I might end up using text or a text/image combo for most of the icons in the end. Obviously using text will speed up the gameplay as you don't have to memorize what the axe icon does, or what this and that image represents.
    Raymond Gaustadnes - Freelance digital artist

nice work on the UI

Continuing the work on the new graphics, posting another update later today.
    Last edited by Shockbolt; July 28th, 2012 at 20:43.

I noticed that the same icon is being used for multiple operations, such as the expand drawing icons. I'm creating unique icons for each operation, including them in the UI graphics, for possible use later on.

Another update: More icons all over, refined some of the existing icons that I made earlier this week. New icons for minimized story, images, NPCs and items. Next up will be the various frames for everything.

https://www.ironthrone.no/ICE/FG2_new_RMgfx02.jpg

Great job! I like how easy it is to identify things.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockbolt
    I noticed that the same icon is being used for multiple operations, such as the expand drawing icons. I'm creating unique icons for each operation, including them in the UI graphics, for possible use later on.
    Very cool. I know there is reuse of the icons for some things. I can help you make them show up if you want but it might cause problems with other extensions if they are using the same files.

Blog Entries
    Some very nice stuff here. I particularly like the chat window and the radial menu icons.

I'm not sure about the square bases for the right side buttons? Those look like they might feel better without the base... but all in all.. really nice stuff.

What about making the 'Modifier' Box feel more like the chat window?
    Last edited by Blackfoot; July 28th, 2012 at 20:28.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Thread Information