DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Many thanks, DrZeuss. I added the backgrounds in the form of Background-Alchemist to the class list, then changed the 'Alchemist' in the Powers parse to 'Background-Alchemist' to match. Sadly a lot of the backgrounds are two words (e.g. 'Knight Hospitaler') so it doesn't look great in game (Powers - Background-Knight_Hospitaler) but! It works.
    Last edited by Bleak Midwinter; April 5th, 2013 at 18:22.

Sorry to keep adding to the thread ...

I have parsed traps from DMG1, and traps and NPCs from DMG2. When creating the modules, I have put them both in the category 'Dungeon Master'.

If I have both modules loaded (open book), Dungeon Master's 2 guide appears in the Dungeon Master category, but "Dungoen Master's Guide 2" appears in the "Splat" category (which I don't have anything in!). If I shut DMG1 down (close the book), DMG2 displays as expected in the Dungeon Master category and Dungoen Master's Guide 2 disappears.

I'm very confused!

Also my NPC parses for Monster Manual 3 and Monster Vault are appearing in the '4E Core' category (with no thumbnail) as well as in a 'Monsters' category I input into the Parser program that I chose. If I delete the Monster Manual 3 module, it still appears in '4E Core' unless I close Monster Manual 2. Very weird.
    Last edited by Bleak Midwinter; April 6th, 2013 at 17:11.

Is there a way to compile the parsed data into categories like weapons, armor, etc. that have data from all the books, instead of each book by itself? it would make searching much easier

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1
    Is there a way to compile the parsed data into categories like weapons, armor, etc. that have data from all the books, instead of each book by itself? it would make searching much easier
    Hi!

Hey Lokiare, go to this thread and download Valeros new parser.

It basically does what you want. I have two books right now. One for players and one for the DM that has all the pertinent parsed data.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=17485

For example the players book has one link for items that has all items filtered into armor, equipment, weapons as well as categories for magical stuff per slot or tier. Also it has all feats per tier, etc.

Valeros most recent update gives you a specific alternative to make these "mega-books", one for the DM and one for the player, but you can certainly play with his parser to make more specific books.

His parser also includes themes, backgrounds and class features. I have synthesized close to 24 modules into just two. Awesome!

Primarch

So I am running the Parser for the first time. Started at 4am this morning it is now 11am. Does it normally take this long to run through it ?

EDIT:

Nevermind I'm a rock, just realized what I did lol
    Last edited by br0k30n3; January 31st, 2014 at 16:57.

So every time I try and scrape the creatures info using the Parser I get a 'Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Monsters:db.xml - Error on line 239812: Error reading tag.'

What is going on and how is that fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by xKrisx View Post
    So every time I try and scrape the creatures info using the Parser I get a 'Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file Monsters:db.xml - Error on line 239812: Error reading tag.'

What is going on and how is that fixed?
    I am getting the same thing when I run it for the DM entries

It's just creature entries that screw it up for me. I was able to parse everything else in the DM entries.

Thread Information