DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Don't know what to do about the XML file.

I was just sent the L2 version from the last table I played. The character file had some errors/deficiencies. I don't know whether or not the version I was sent incorporates the changes I made during the game to fix the probs. I am unlicensed so not only can't I update it, I can't check it. Further, Harry has now reached L3, so changes are going to be needed regardless.

What to do? Submitted the XML AS IS for now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrenSatov
    Don't know what to do about the XML file.

I was just sent the L2 version from the last table I played. The character file had some errors/deficiencies. I don't know whether or not the version I was sent incorporates the changes I made during the game to fix the probs. I am unlicensed so not only can't I update it, I can't check it. Further, Harry has now reached L3, so changes are going to be needed regardless.

What to do? Submitted the XML AS IS for now.
    I believe you should now be able to make your own changes and export the file from 'Manage Characters'.
    If you enter 'Manage Characters' ... build and edit your character ... then click the 'export' button in the character selection window.

Give it a try and let us know if you have any problems.
    EDIT: Forget the part about the converter.. I was confused.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; July 27th, 2012 at 15:26.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Instructions on making/exporting characters here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16961

You can use the character converter to get Fantasy Grounds exported XML into the local manage characters cache.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've encountered a slight problem with that advice, Blackfoot.

It appears that the 'Manage Characters' function is for licensed copies only. You had me excited for a moment!... albeit a brief moment. :P

I've encountered a slight problem with that advice, Blackfoot.

It appears that the 'Manage Characters' function is for licensed copies only. You had me excited for a moment!... albeit a brief moment. :P
    A little bit you can do with an unlicensed version is create a demo campaign, manually enter your character in the campaign and export it. You can't import it back into another demo campaign (this is restricted to licensed installations) but you could use it to create a character for export to another game. Not ideal but any stretch of the imagination, but it does allow a character to be entered in manually FG and exported as FG XML.

This is what the GM will have to do if the player doesn't provide a HeroLab, PCGen or FG XML file, so it is an option for players to help reduce the preparation load on GMs...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK. I can do that. I don't see a Pathfinder option for building a demo campaign. Is the 3.5 version close enough to bother?

OK. I can do that. I don't see a Pathfinder option for building a demo campaign. Is the 3.5 version close enough to bother?
    The 3.5E ruleset contains Pathfinder as well - when the campaign comes up you will be prompted to select PFRPG or 3.5E.

Done.

Am I going to have to spend hours rebuilding my character from scratch every time anything changes? Unlicensed won't load a character, not even one I built myself locally. If it bothered to save my demo campaign (I can't tell if it did) it certainly didn't let me reload it later.

If this is all that the unlicensed version can do I probably won't be updating again until I can afford to buy a license, which at present rate will be well after the end of the world.

Done.

Am I going to have to spend hours rebuilding my character from scratch every time anything changes? Unlicensed won't load a character, not even one I built myself locally. If it bothered to save my demo campaign (I can't tell if it did) it certainly didn't let me reload it later.

If this is all that the unlicensed version can do I probably won't be updating again until I can afford to buy a license, which at present rate will be well after the end of the world.
    The whole "thing" about the unlicensed app is you can't save anything - I'm surprised it lets you export characters (perhaps that's a loophole that will be changed soon?).

Have you tried PCGen as a free character creation/management tool? It's quirky but it does the job. https://pcgen.sourceforge.net/01_overview.php

The FG character converter can convert PCGen files (when you install the PCGen sheets from Character Converter) to FG XML. You'd still have to setup spells, effects, etc. but at least you could update your character in PCGen and not have to rebuild every time. The converter is installed in <FG App data directory>\utilities

Fuma lvl 3 war
    Marfa lvl2 Inq

Thread Information