STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Any more games?

Quote Originally Posted by Macgreine
    I have 2 ready to go but am still shaky about the mechanics of running one in FG2. At this point I don't think I know the VTT well enough.
    I was the same way, but I just said screw it and jumped in and started DMing a Pathfinderized Dragonlance game. Two sessions so far in the books and from what I have been hearing, the response has been positive. Just make sure to state that this is your first real time DMing a game, and players (at least mine are) usually understanding.

Otherwise, run test sessions locally. That is how I learned the basics of the combat tracker, targeting and using the UI in general. I also asked questions on the forum and in the IRC channel. This is a great community to learn from.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Picking up a bunch of stuff this friday, when I get paid before the sale ends. Was holding off, Plan to do Rise of Goblinguild first. then some other ones after that. Goblinguild will be run in say 2 weeks or so. Takes about a week with everything else to adapt to FG.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey
    Picking up a bunch of stuff this friday, when I get paid before the sale ends. Was holding off, Plan to do Rise of Goblinguild first. then some other ones after that. Goblinguild will be run in say 2 weeks or so. Takes about a week with everything else to adapt to FG.
    Sound good - I'd be interested in Goblin Guild. Just remember you can't buy it until August 16th (when it is released).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Would anyone like to run the 1st Part Series?

Quote Originally Posted by Averix

I'd join.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Averix
    1st Part Series?
    Whatever it is.. I'm usually up for a game if the timing is right.

Oh wait.. you are looking for someone to run First Steps? I can do it if there's enough interest.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Calling all prospective GMs

Games since the FGCon has been quite light, with only Mgrancey, Blackfoot and Macgreine stepping up to run, or promise to run PFS games.

All it takes is for us to have 8 GMs to run at least 1 game each month to give us 2 or more games a week. If we spread the load around it will be good for all of us.

Reasons to be a GM:
    1. The community here is great. Even if you've never GM'd a game in Fantasy Grounds before there are plenty of people around willing to help you out.
    2. You get a GM chronicle when you run a PFS adventure* - this can be applied against one of your PFS characters as if you had played that character in the game. Your characters can level faster, or you can have more than 1 or 2 first level PCs in your PFS stable. *You only get a GM chronicle the first time you run an adventure - unless it is one of the scenarios/modules that has special rules.
    3. GM "star" credit. The more games you run, the more stars you will get against your name on the Paizo PFS site and forums.
    4. It's fun - and it will help spread the GMing load and hopefully bring more players/prospective GMs into the mix.
    5. Most low tier games will fill up quickly - so you should never be short of players wanting to play your games.
    6. The more games we run, we will get higher level characters and we can play some games at higher tiers (where the real fun starts).

So, if you think you can help out as a GM, please post here or PM me and we can help getting you organised to a point where you're ready to go!

Thanks very much!
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 7th, 2012 at 04:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information