DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Video Tutorial for Rolemaster FGII

As there isnt a specific Video Tutorial for Rolemaster maybe someone could capture one of the games during FGCon?

As there has not been a response to this, I thought I would add one. I'm a new FGII user, but have been using RM since 1982. I'd love to see how other GMs use RM through the FGII interface.

Even a simple 20 minutes session or example would be fine.

Thanks!

Ive figured most things out with the walkthrough but still messin about with it.
    Some sort of video tutorial would speed things up alot.
    You can get most of the basics from the 4e, 3.5e ones but theres enough in RM that would justify a dedicated video.

I remeber why I always felt more attached to my RM chracters than my 3.5 characters now. Because after creating a RM character your REALLY do feel like you've given birth!

Last edited by Willot; August 11th, 2012 at 23:58.

I've planning on doing this for a while, but there has always been either a shortage of time or some other reason why I haven't done it. In the mean time, you should check out the documentation I wrote that is included with the ruleset and which is also viewable on the FG store at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...Manual_1_3.pdf

I don't mind doing short 5-10 minute videos showing of very specific things. I just don't have time to do a complete set of videos at this point. I've also done a few walk throughs to show off the GM side of the ruleset since it really is impressive from the GM perspective.

What would be your first few picks for a video? I will try to put together a couple of them that would be the most help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    I don't mind doing short 5-10 minute videos showing of very specific things. I just don't have time to do a complete set of videos at this point. I've also done a few walk throughs to show off the GM side of the ruleset since it really is impressive from the GM perspective.

What would be your first few picks for a video? I will try to put together a couple of them that would be the most help.
    1) I think would be setting up the combat tracker
    2) Running through a Combat example

That sounds good. I am working on outlines for them now. I don't know when I will have them completed but I will try to have them done within the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin
    That sounds good. I am working on outlines for them now. I don't know when I will have them completed but I will try to have them done within the week.
    Coool

Will it be a HUGE rollercoaster of a video with a few saucy gypsies thrown in?

Even something as simple as a video capture of a regular game would be great. 10-15 minutes of combat, showing how you set up the tracker, how combat goes, etc. A second video could be 10-15 mins of gameplay showing maneuver resolution and general gameplay mechanics. Both would be very helpful so that others could see how you run games in FGII.

Thanks!

I plan on doing one covering the setup and another one that will go through a couple rounds of combat trying to cover the different options. I don't want to make them too long since I know what a time sink video editing becomes and I would rather devote the time to development. But I do realize that development doesn't do any good if I don't help you figure out how to use it.

Thread Information