1. #1

    Could of questions agout the Ruleset

    I was wondering how to do a few things in the new M&M ruleset.

    1) I know how to enter powers in the Character sheet to properly configure them vs. the different save types (although I cant figure how to make it do multiple saves like for area effect Dodge check then normal save). What I was wondering is how do you denote attacks on the NPC sheet to allow for sttacks with other that Toughness saves?

    2) Regeneration automation; is it doable through the ruleset? If I have a character with regeneration 10 or 5 or ??, can I get the ruleset to automatically apply and/or roll for recovery and regeneration as the rounds progress?

    3) As alluded to in question #1, is there a way to have the system do both shecks for area effect attacks when the damage is applied. So when I click to activate the area effect attack it does the Doddg check and the effect save automatically?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ
    I was wondering how to do a few things in the new M&M ruleset.

    1) I know how to enter powers in the Character sheet to properly configure them vs. the different save types (although I cant figure how to make it do multiple saves like for area effect Dodge check then normal save). What I was wondering is how do you denote attacks on the NPC sheet to allow for sttacks with other that Toughness saves?
    Using the Psychic archetype as an example:

    Unarmed +2 (+15); Telekinesis +10 Ranged (+0) (STR 8 Grab); Mental blast +0 (+20 vs will) (Perception range);
    When you click on the Unarmed attack, it looks like "vs parry" is the default. If you have "Ranged" listed, as in Telekinesis, it looks like to code adds "vs dodge". Good, good. Mental blast, however, outputs to "vs parry". Not so good. But, since it's listed as Perception range, there should be no attack roll anyway, so back to "Good, good" there. Just drag the "+20 vs will" to the modifier box, then roll your d20.

    BUT, if for some reason you want to denote that another attack is resisted by Will, just add "vs will" and it picks it up when you double click the attack:

    Mental blast +0 vs will (+20 vs will)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ
    2) Regeneration automation; is it doable through the ruleset? If I have a character with regeneration 10 or 5 or ??, can I get the ruleset to automatically apply and/or roll for recovery and regeneration as the rounds progress?
    You could set it up as a condition/effect in the combat tracker (make sure the GM ticks "Show Effects" in the options to "on"). The CT will then report out to the chat window every time your turn comes around. It looks like the GM or player will have to keep track of the ticks, though...unlike effects in say, the BRP ruleset, this one doesn't seem to keep track of accruals. In other words, in other rulesets, an effect is a certain bonus or penalty every N rounds. The Conditions in this ruleset only keep track of duration of a condition.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakosDJ
    3) As alluded to in question #1, is there a way to have the system do both shecks for area effect attacks when the damage is applied. So when I click to activate the area effect attack it does the Doddg check and the effect save automatically?
    Not that I can see. This would have to be done manually I think. (?)
    Last edited by kairos; July 17th, 2012 at 18:36.

  3. #3
    Thank you for your response. I guess this is more stuff for the "wish list".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in