DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

I'm really disappointed, the last update breaks everything

Hello Devs,

I don't understand why the last update touch the interface of the 4trh Edition, give us back the interface of the monsters, the new one is unreadable ! Give us back the possibility to add the encounter we have prepared in the Combat tracker, the Arrow to do it doesn't exist anymore !

I don't undertand why ther is changes like for 4E. You told me that there will be no dev anymore for 4e, so don't change things for 4E please !

Best Regards,

Alec

All of that works in the 4E ruleset. I can open NPCs/Monsters and the Combat Tracker without any issues

Are you running any extensions? Do you have any unpacked versions of rulesets in your FG data folder?

Regards,
    JPG

I'm sorry, but it's not an issue of opening the NPC or the Combat Tracker.
    The issue is we can't add an Encounter to the Combat Tracker because there is no more the arrow to do it and there is errors when opening an Encounter or rescaling the window of an encounter. (see screenshot)
    EncounteToCombatTracker.png
    Moreover thge issue of the NPC is the display is completely change, there is no more the display structure of the 4e, the colour the way it's organize, now it's unreadable and all Flat. (see screenshot)
    NPCs.png

Can you put back the classic display of 4e please and fix the issue with the encounter that can't be add to the Combat tracker please ?

Thanks,

Alec

EDIT: In my screenshot there is no add ons used.

EDIT : Example of Powers for Colors : Powers.png

EDIT: My ruleset folder : Ruleset.png
    Last edited by Alec McCast; March 12th, 2024 at 10:03.

I just pushed an update to fix the Encounter window error and missing button. You can also drag the Encounter link onto the combat tracker to add as well.

Unfortunately, there are no plans to put the old window design back into 4E, as the window design made doing any maintenance/theme work take twice as long, just to support a single system. The theme was moved to make it more in-line with the standard layout and themes; and should work better with any of the built-in themes.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi,

Thanks for the update for the Encounter window.

I'm calling to your common senses, can take a look at this picture : NPCs2.png, and tell me what is the most readable ? On the left you have the classic 4e display like we had before the update, everything is organized and clear. Now it's just a mess, nothing is organized on the type of actrion as it has to be. What's the point to have windows for power if you display powers like this ?
    Is there anyway to get back a proper display and not this unreadeable pile of powers ?

Cordially,
    Alec

That image on the right is not the version prior to the update; but an actual copy of a card from WotC from a book.

The 4E ruleset was specifically updated because the maintenance on it was too high with all the custom layout code, which caused issues for theming support as well as any new features.
    I can look at reducing the layout to be a little closer long term, but not until I iron out some other items overall. Also, it will never be as tight as the book print output.

Regards,
    JPG

Adding the At-Will, Encounter, Daily colors would help a lot.
    Examples:

Quote Originally Posted by Alec McCast View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for the update for the Encounter window.

I'm calling to your common senses, can take a look at this picture : NPCs2.png, and tell me what is the most readable ? On the left you have the classic 4e display like we had before the update, everything is organized and clear. Now it's just a mess, nothing is organized on the type of actrion as it has to be. What's the point to have windows for power if you display powers like this ?
    Is there anyway to get back a proper display and not this unreadeable pile of powers ?

Cordially,
    Alec
    Is this what you mean by making it more tightened up?

Screenshot from 2024-03-22 12-19-04.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Is this what you mean by making it more tightened up?

Screenshot from 2024-03-22 12-19-04.png
    Looking great. Is it possible to have the colors for at-will, encounter and daily powers? Might be part of the theme. If so I could make a theme override. I did that previously for the Winter Theme.

We are going to add something to give the colors, but for a more in depth change for the whole frame like before we are still discussing solutions and a deeper solution needs to be found to make it part of the standardization we are currently going through.

Here it is with the option to collapse/expand and the aforementioned color box

Screenshot from 2024-03-22 13-11-29.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information