DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

4E Alternative Wound Color text extension

After running a few 4E games in FG I realized in the heat of battle I had problems with telling at a glance which shade of red was moderate, bloodied or critical on the combat tracker when using the new option setting for detailed wounds.

To avoid having my combat result descriptions grind to a halt while I actually looked at the monster's wound number instead of just glancing at the color, I wrote this extension to use orange for moderate, bright red for bloodied and black text for critically wounded. Healthy is also now blue instead of the same green as lightly wounded.

You can get the latest extension here on the Forge: here

Let me know if you find any problems with it. If you don't use the detailed wounds settings it just changes the colors for light, bloodied, and healthy colors.

Edit: Updated to work with the latest theme changes and now available on the Forge.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 6th, 2023 at 17:49.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Griogre - I'll give this a try in my game tomorrow evening.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

You're welcome.

Blog Entries
    Worked fine for one of my 4E groups last night, Griogre. Much easier to read.

One of my players also suggested altering the colour of the chat damage result message in the chat window to help also indicate what health status this results in.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Beta 0.6 Update

Hmm, that's a good idea, but I didn't see an easy way to change the chat colors so I just updated the extension to add more descriptive text. I'll look further at his string concatenation when I have the time. I had mixed feelings on adding light wounds notification but since I found my players cheering wound category changes at the higher levels where there can be hundreds of hp differences I decided to put it in to start the descriptive journey.

I'm also looking for feedback on the descriptive text, I used the same one word descriptions on the combat tracker but on the tracker the context of wounds is clear. I'm not so sure that's true in chat output, but I don't want to spam the chat window either.

Let me know if anyone finds any problems/typos. Anyone with the 05 should remove the 05 beta extension though the 06 beta will install side by side without any problems I could see.
    Last edited by Griogre; July 14th, 2012 at 22:18.

Beta 0.61 Update

This update modifies the text sent to chat to be a little clearer. All wounds information now start with: Wounds: *wounds category information*.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or find any bugs. The first post will be updated to point to the latest beta in a few minutes.

Beta 0.90 Update

Updated for FG version 2.9.2. This will go to 1.0 after this weekend if no bugs are found. The download link on the first post will be updated in a few minutes.

Edit: I was in too big a hurry and I forgot to say if you updated to 2.9.2 you can delete the .61 version extension. The old extension will only work and load on versions of 2.9.1 or lower. They will install side by side but don't use the newer one on anything less than 2.9.2.
    Last edited by Griogre; December 8th, 2012 at 01:24.

Updated extension to .91. Ten minute before my game last night I realized I didn't really want gradient colors for wounds displayed as dots (JPG's gradient code was so elegant it seduced me...). Wound colors now only change on No wounds, Light Wounds, Moderate Wounds, Bloodied, Critical, Dying. Dying color doesn't change on dead but does give a notification to the chat window. I'm leaning towards to deciding dead doesn't really need a different color from dying like the other notifications. Anyone have any feedback on this?
    Last edited by Griogre; December 8th, 2012 at 18:36.

Updated extension to .92 in anticipation of an update for FG 3. Changed Party Sheet to use wound category text and wound colors. Also changed surge tool tip to show banded percentage of surges and updated bar to use same set of colors as wound categories. Let me know if you find any errors.

How hard would it be to convert this to work with 3.5/PF also? It's been driving me nuts that the health status is more varied than the color coding. First world problems.

Cheers!

Thread Information