DICE PACKS BUNDLE

What does one need for MM on FG?

My group is mostly playing Savage Worlds in FG right now, but I'm wondering, if I wanted to mix it up with some Mutants and Masterminds... what is needed besides FG and the ruleset? It doesn't sound like the ruleset is complete with GM information? Then is there a rulebook, or group of rulebooks which are also required to purchase in order to play properly? What then would be the shopping list?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryll
    My group is mostly playing Savage Worlds in FG right now, but I'm wondering, if I wanted to mix it up with some Mutants and Masterminds... what is needed besides FG and the ruleset? It doesn't sound like the ruleset is complete with GM information? Then is there a rulebook, or group of rulebooks which are also required to purchase in order to play properly? What then would be the shopping list?

Thanks.
    The Hero's Handbook is all you need to play. If you want to play in the DC Universe, you can instead get DC Adventures, which is the identical rules system (Hero's Handbook is slightly more errata-ed) but has pre-New 52 DC content.

For DC Adventures there are also 2 Heros & Villains books, which are great listings of DC character stats.

For MM3E there are the Threat Reports (non-DC villains, and very good). Originally sold piecemeal for $1, you can get the whole kit and kaboodle for $16 now I think.

Power Profiles are also being sold on the $1 per entry model. These detail ways to assemble effects into various sorts of powers. I love these.

There is a GM Kit that has some cool tables for modifying the default archetypes -- useful if you don't want to get too down in deep in the character generation, but still want some variety.

The Gamemaster's Guide is a great resource for campaign design, but is not strictly necessary.

You can also get a quick start guide -- not a bad option for players.

There's a Emerald City default setting for MM3E -- for that they've put out a sequence of scenarios.

If you are dabbling, I'd get the Hero's Handbook (DC or MM3E depending), use the archetypes in the book, peruse the threat report $1 offerings for a villain, and you're good to go.

Great run-down, thanks.

If I read this correctly, it sounds like (in a minimalist way) one could get started with only the new FG ruleset. It has the hero's handbook content, and some pre-gen stuff...

OK, well, I'm going to grab the ruleset, and then use this list to build up from there.

Much appreciated.

Thread Information