Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Spotted a couple of problems with 4E 2.9.1:

Fumbles & Critical Hits - Ruleset requires the fumble and critical hits tables to be named as Fumble and Critical Hit however the effects tables must be named as FUMBLE EFFECT and CRITICAL HIT EFFECT. Inconsistent use of table name case.

Token Pre-Placement - Adding Encounter NPC tokens to a campaign map works OK unless the map is in a subfolder of the campaign images folder. If this is the case once token pre-placement has been completed and the encounter window closed - it sometimes results in an FGII application crash (usually when there are lots of NPCs in the Encounter). Subsequently when adding the Encounter to the CT, the following console message is logged and only the first NPC is added:

Code:
    Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/manager_ct.lua"]:733: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.
    Campaign Log - I also noticed that the Log no longer contains any time controls. Can these be added in?
    Last edited by Zeus; July 12th, 2012 at 21:43.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Updates

• [3.5E/4E] When adding pre-placed encounters, the tokens were not being added to client maps until map reshared. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Errors in basic rules data (mounts, whetstone). Fixed.
    • [4E] New characters always had heavy armor option turned on, and it was not displayed. Fixed.
    • [4E] Rolls and effects made from PC power descriptions were not applying PC attributes. Fixed.

JPG

DrZ,

* The tables I have in my fumblecrit.mod are named "Critical", "Critical Hit Effect", "Fumble" and "Fumble Effect". The individual results are in caps. Is this not what you are seeing?

* Thanks for the heads up on the nested images folder issue. I have not tested that scenario.

* I checked the code for 2.7, 2.8 and 2.9. As far as I can tell, the output to the chatlog.html file has remained the same regarding time output. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Regards,
    JPG

Found a small issue!

Not sure if it has been addresses or not yet? I was adding some images to a campaign, everything seem to work as it should. I typed a word in the chat box (Maps) and dropped onto the tab, the same way I have always done it. It renamed the tab but all the images were gone. I have done it over and over with the same result. Very easy to recreate it. If you name the tab then add the images everything works as it should.

Just thought I would bring it up if nobody has yet.

Chris
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    DrZ,

* The tables I have in my fumblecrit.mod are named "Critical", "Critical Hit Effect", "Fumble" and "Fumble Effect". The individual results are in caps. Is this not what you are seeing?
    Yes in the module you provide, the table names are all in Proper case format. However at the moment when you fumble or critical the ruleset expects to find FUMBLE EFFECT and CRITICAL HIT EFFECT tables (i.e. it is searching for the tables existence using all capitals, hence it fails). Changing the case of the the effect table names to use all capitals, fixes the problem. Ideally we want the ruleset to change to lowercase before trying to match, this will then allow table names to be in any case.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates

Update

• Windows closed on larger desktop were not visible when reopened on small desktop. Fixed.
    • [LAUNCHER] Update Available button always lights up in certain cases. Fixed.
    • [4E] Tokens created from portraits when using wood theme were incorrectly being created too small. Fixed.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by moon_wizard
    * Thanks for the heads up on the nested images folder issue. I have not tested that scenario.
    I think I know what the problem is, the nested folder is a red herring.

If you attempt to pre-place tokens in an Encounter from a module (which does not already contain pre-placement data) to an image in your campaign it all appears to work fine until you try and add the encounter to the CT, after which you get the error:

Code:
    Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/manager_ct.lua"]:733: addToken: Parameter 1 is not the name of a valid image.
    Digging into the app data/campaign/moduledb/module name.xml; the reference to the image in the encounter preplacement data is created as:

Code:
    <imageref type="windowreference">
      <class>imagewindow</class>
      <recordname>image.image id.image@module name</recordname>
    </imageref>
    where image id is the id of the image and module name the name of the module. I guess FGII assumes the images are in the same module.

However, in this instance this is incorrect and should not be referencing the image as if it were in the module, it should be referencing the same image name but in the campaign db.

e.g. something like:

Code:
    <imageref type="windowreference">
      <class>imagewindow</class>
      <recordname>image.image id.image</recordname>
    </imageref>
    I think I have only hit this as I have a number of modules which pre-date preplacement and I have not re-parsed them (not even sure if the parser supports pre-placement of tokens).

Its no real biggie and I can workaround - just took me a while to figure it out.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

Blog Entries
    Oops, also forgot to say that one of my groups enjoyed over 5+ hours of non-stop 4E D&D last night (playing H3 Pyramid of Shadows with this group) without any hiccups (aside from the unique issue in the post above which I worked around) - no disconnects, no crashes, no problems.

Quite surprising, given someone of them hadn't played since pre 2.7!!!! All clients updated smoothly with only one player getting a problem (related to his AV setup but quick to resolve).

Smoothest online 4E game they have enjoyed to date. The group asked me to post a message of thanks and support, so ...

A very big thank you to JPG and the rest of the team for the continued development of FGII, keep up the great work.
    FG Project Development

Current Project:

It looks like due to some legacy code and the desire not to break all previously exported modules, I will not be able to address the encounter placement issue in the short term.

So, module encounters can only be placed on module maps, though campaign encounters can be placed on either campaign or module maps.

Regards,
    JPG

Updates

• [4E] Adds Insubstantial effect to CT if NPC has Insubstantial trait power when added
    • [3.5E/4E] Tokens and pointers were snapping to leftmost snap point, instead of the cloests. Fixed.

JPG

Thread Information