5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Test Release v2.9.1

This is primarily a bug fix release for v2.9.0, so I'm only addressing bugs at this time. If you have feature requests, please add them to our wish list in my sig.

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Thanks,
    JPG

Updates

• Improved handling of chat window entries with large icons or large sender names.
    • [3.5E] Armor modifier toggle applies to skill check penalty, as well as max stat bonus.
    • Missing font tag in chat log output file. Fixed.
    • Chat entry box mode graphic not updating when modifier keys pressed in older rulesets. Fixed.
    • Closing a window containing formatted text fields did not propagate changes to client. Fixed.
    • Snapshot size error message when drawing size changed by host on drawing only image value. Fixed.
    • [3.5E/4E] Items appearing as unidentified in character inventories when identification option off. Fixed.
    • [3.5E] Unable to scroll item list in treasure parcel records. Fixed.
    • [4E] Unable to add or delete campaign item properties and powers. Fixed.
    • [4E] NPC powers were being incorrectly sorted. Fixed.
    • [4E] Power highlighting and application of complex effects not working. Fixed.
    • [4E] Message that stronger effect exists when applying stronger penalty to a combatant with a weaker penalty. Fixed.
    • [4E] Script error during migration of calendar data from DrZ extension prevented data migration. Fixed.

JPG

I was experimenting with the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset and when I enable shortcuts on a map, I can add pins/links like normal. However closing the map then disables shortcuts again. Each time the map gets opened, I need to go back to layers and re-enable shortcuts.

Sorry if this isn't a bug, its been a while since I had used this feature, but I could have sworn that before map had saved the fact that I wanted shortcuts enabled. Same behavior in 2.9 and 2.9.1

You don't normally need to enable shortcuts, just hold down the CTRL key to enable dropping shortcuts, and to see ones that are already on the maps/images.

Not sure if this should be considered a problem or new request:
    In PF Regen works like Fast Healing, that is disabled, not bypassed by certain damage types.
    Fast Healing : Stops when the character is dead (not just unconscious)
    Regeneration : Stops for one round when the damage type is applied, unlike 3.5 where damage is nonlethal unless it's of the regen type. Until they're at -constitution score and hit by the right damage, they don't actually become dead.

Thought there was a problem with Incorporeal... but it turns out my players hadn't added magic as a damage type to their weapons. :P
    Last edited by GeneralChaos; June 27th, 2012 at 08:08.

Hi JPG, we ran into one unusual bug last night running the 2.91 version with the 4e ruleset. It seems the chat window does not take the dice result bubble into account when doing the auto-wrap. The effect is that the bubble is most times partially obstructed by the edge of the chat window. To workaround you need to stretch the chat window fairly wide, especially if there are a lot of modifiers on the roll. I'm not sure if this is something specific to our game, but all the players experienced the same thing.

Thanks,

Al

Helvegr, that's the way it always worked for shortcuts.

GeneralChaos, it's something I'll have to look at adding to the PF specific code.

demadog, If you can get me a screenshot of an example of the issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
    JPG

Update

• [DEV] onDrawingResized event now occurs on client when host resizes drawin-only image.
    • [DEV] Crash after dice dropped on control when no dice defined on desktop. Fixed.

Cheers,
    JPG

Some annoying bugs in this version.

Rolls in the chat window are hanging out the edge of the viewable area, expanding the chatwindow size can sometimes get around it.

Rolling multiple dice ends up with one extra die getting rolled, though it's not counted in the results.
    Last edited by GeneralChaos; July 2nd, 2012 at 10:46.

GeneralChaos,

* Do you have some examples of the cutoff you are seeing? (a screenshot would be great.)
    * How are you rolling when you get the extra dice?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information