STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 9 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCrust View Post
    Is there anyone willing to help me get this installed on my macbook pro? Any help would be SOOOOO appreciated.

Thanks,
    Send my your email address to [email protected] and I can help right now if you don't mind the sounds of a toddler running around in the background or I can help any time during the week next week 9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST.

-Doug

OK just sent! Also I have team viewer if that would make it easier.

Blog Entries
    CrimsonCrust has Steam on his system, so we just activated and installed through there.

1. click Add a Game
    2. Click Activate a Product
    3. Enter your FG license key (see note)
    4. This should start downloading into your library.
    5. Wait for it to fully finish
    6. Right click on the Fantasy Grounds entry in your library and turn off Steam Overlay (for performance reasons)
    7. Click Play - copy the license key when prompted
    8. When it launches, go to settings and enter your license key by right clicking and choosing Paste in the license key field. Note that CTRL+V for paste won't work. You'll have to right-click
    9. Enter your FG forum username and password into the setting screen if you want to also auto-download purchases from our store
    10. Update and you are all set.

#3. The license keys purchased outside of Steam don't get sent over to Steam for activation automatically. It may take a month for them to be sent over and activated by Valve. I post to here when a new set gets loaded: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...5530621472814/

I have some questions on this as i may buy a Mac air 11 or 13 (i will not run Bootcamp on it - keeping it in a Mac environment)

1 - As i have a Ultimate license, will it be possible to use this license also on the Mac ? If yes, will it be where i put my license number in FG3 (Setting - Licence Key?)
    2 - If i do work on my Mac, can i export the .mod files (adventures + tokens) on a PC with FG3 installed ?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Golgorosh, you can run it on your Mac air as well as on your PC. Our recommendation is to install this through Steam on your Mac and select Add a Game | Activate a Product and enter your Ultimate License key there. Once activated, install again and enter the license key again inside your Fantasy Grounds Setting window. Disable the Steam Overlay. If you create a module and then export it, you can copy that .mod file over to your PC and use it later. The easiest way to find the final path of your Steam Mac version and the file folders is to launch a campaign and then use the Open Folder icon on the image folder. This puts you in the campaign's image folder and you can navigate up from there to find your modules folder and your newly exported .mod file.

I can't DL WineBottler, says my OS X isn't compatible. I have the most current OS X too. Can anyone advise me what to do? I don't mind going through Steam, I just don't want to have to repurchase a license

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Trueshots - your license will already be there on Steam if you used the same email address...
    Roger that, I'll give it a try. This whole iMac world is owning me right now LOL

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Trueshots - your license will already be there on Steam if you used the same email address...
    One last question, I'm in steam now but its still wanting me to buy it? do I just download the free demo? I'm a nub about Steam, I never use it

Thread Information