5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    OK, so next up... I obviously didn't do something right and am wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall the program. If so, I'll need to know how to uninstall the program. (FG2 running on Mac OS X Mountain Lion with Wine.) The reason I'm asking is I'm able to run FG by double clicking the .exe file under the wine programs folder if I choose 'run directly.' I'd much prefer to have an app icon I can keep in my dock, but when I try to bottle the program, it's not working. Regardless of how I choose to do so, I get an error something along the lines of 'can't load base.xml, try to reload?' and if I attempt I just get the error again so I have to abort.

If I'm stuck with running from current location, I can handle that but would definitely prefer to put it in my dock if someone can help straighten me out?

right click on the original app and create an alias then drag the alias to the dock

that should work

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu777
    right click on the original app and create an alias then drag the alias to the dock

that should work

Rob
    By right click on the original app, are you referring to the installer or the .exe that has already been installed? I considered must making an alias, but figured 'bottling' it appropriately would probably work better. Not really sure here, 'bottling' is a new (and still largely foreign' concept for me.

FWIW here's how I resolved my issue: I clicked 'get info' on the .exe file inside the wine files folder, found an icon for FG2, swapped the little page icon for the FG2 icon, dragged the .exe to the dock (on the right hand side where files and folders can go as only APPS can be put in the main area, clicked on the program and told wine to open it in its current location and checked the box to not show that screen again.

It's not exactly pretty, but it works pretty darn well and I'm happy with it. Happy gaming everybody!

Hi,
    Installation with Wineskin worked well. Thank you!
    Now the first thing I wanted to try is to add an image to the Images and Maps Section. I cannot drag and drop from finder and I can neither drag and drop from the Wine Explorer which opens when I click Folder.
    Could you help me with this essential function?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    what happens when you click Folder from inside Images?
    Wine Explorer opens up, giving me a access to my file system. From there I am also not able to drag and drop!

May it also be that I cannot do this, because I run FGII in Demo-Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by f.marcel View Post
    May it also be that I cannot do this, because I run FGII in Demo-Mode?
    It won't be. It sounds like this is more an issue with the Wine setup not allowing you to drag/drop - as you can't do that in Wine Explorer, which is outside of Fantasy Grounds. Can you copy/paste the image into Wine Explorer? Which folder are you trying to add the image to?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In Wine Explorer I'm not able to copy and paste effectively, although its showing me the option in the dropdown-menue. When I move a .jpg file to "Images and Maps", there appears a circle with a slash in the middle (like forbidden). In the following picture you can see FGII in the middle, Finder to the right and Wine Explorer to the left. I have no idea to which folder I should copy a picture so it will be in the campaign.

Attachment 7571

When you first click the "Folder" button at the top of the Imaged and Maps window, which directory is opened in Wine Explorer?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information