STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: GM Tools

This is a quick mockup the code still needs to be put in.

I am no sure I can make the code come from xml tables, so they can be edited. I ran my eye over it and am out of my depth in that area, also wanting to imbed the code back into the db, without the need for drag and drop.

However I will make lots of notes in the code if people wish to change the roll numbers.

Perhaps after I am done Dakadin may look at the code for me if he has a chance and let me know a better way , but we still a while off.

I have got dropdown code working well now, and saving is working. So now its just the random code and the results. Probably a week away.

The question I really want to ask is what fields am I missing useful to people.

I will be adding suggested modifiers, apart of it so it helps the GM, to pass on that information
    Last edited by Ardem; June 27th, 2012 at 15:32.

It's looking really good Ardem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem
    I am no sure I can make the code come from xml tables, so they can be edited. I ran my eye over it and am out of my depth in that area, also wanting to imbed the code back into the db, without the need for drag and drop.
    I am willing to help you out with this. It is definitely confusing until you start to get the hang of it. I am definitely willing to help so you don't have to go through the same frustrations that I did figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem
    Perhaps after I am done Dakadin may look at the code for me if he has a chance and let me know a better way , but we still a while off.
    Sure. I don't know that I will have a better way than you do. If you want me to look at something just let me know.

Just to show I am still working on this.

It is currently working as per the the images. You need to put in a Season, Region and Time.

It will then also use last weather pattern to create the new weather, so if it was rain yesterday ther would be more chance of rain today. same as dry etc.

Also Blizzards and Hurricanes need to have high winds the day before.

What I have not go working is the Client icon on change from GM, while the window is open.

I think I also add fields for Date, Month and Year for GM to input.

Once I get the icon changing on gm change I will release as is for people to use and test.

Host View

Client View

It's looking really good Ardem. I can't wait to get a hold of it to use in my game.

Thread Information