FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Raising a dead subject, but ...

Do you think it would be possible to add this feature to the story dialog drags? It would be nice to assign a language to the character speaking it.

Something along the lines of doing both of these in one fell swoop but in a Chat Frame interface?

/identity dragon
    /lang draconic What are you doing in my lair?

That would be awesome!

If anyone knows where to look for that, I'd be interested in knowing. I think I looked at about every file trying to see where it would take place.

Saithan ported this extension to the GURPS ruleset, and I've been messing with it—that has generated a couple of questions/ideas/suggestions:
    • If you have multiple languages that share the same alphabet (for example, English & French), they are both going to be "readable" as-is. How hard would it be to "scramble" the individual characters (that is, a random swap)?
    • Is there a way to handle two-word language names (for example, "Old English")?
    • This one's probably stretching it a bit, but I was thinking it'd be nice to have the text not be translated in chat, but via a right-click option
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tdewitt274
    Raising a dead subject, but ...

Do you think it would be possible to add this feature to the story dialog drags? It would be nice to assign a language to the character speaking it.

Something along the lines of doing both of these in one fell swoop but in a Chat Frame interface?

/identity dragon
    /lang draconic What are you doing in my lair?

That would be awesome!

If anyone knows where to look for that, I'd be interested in knowing. I think I looked at about every file trying to see where it would take place.
    Not sure if this is possible in pure extension terms. Story chat frame text is a feature of the formattedtext control and not exposed through the API. I would add it to the wish list and see if JPG can expose the functionality. If so, I can hook in languages to Story text.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigermann
    Saithan ported this extension to the GURPS ruleset, and I've been messing with it—that has generated a couple of questions/ideas/suggestions:
    • If you have multiple languages that share the same alphabet (for example, English & French), they are both going to be "readable" as-is. How hard would it be to "scramble" the individual characters (that is, a random swap)?
    Its doable. It would require capturing the original text in a table and then randomly selecting characters for the output sequence to the language font. The original message can be translated by simply reading the table sequentially.

• Is there a way to handle two-word language names (for example, "Old English")?
    Yes. It requires rewriting the regex for the /slash handler line argument parser to accept "some name" format.

• This one's probably stretching it a bit, but I was thinking it'd be nice to have the text not be translated in chat, but via a right-click option
    Do you mean the extension should not auto-translate the messages if languages are known? Instead it should just display the language font message in chat and then only translate when right clicked? If so, who does the right clicking, DM or Player? Also, whats the point of the manual right click?
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by DrZeuss
    Do you mean the extension should not auto-translate the messages if languages are known? Instead it should just display the language font message in chat and then only translate when right clicked? If so, who does the right clicking, DM or Player? Also, whats the point of the manual right click?
    Yes. Player. Less cluttered (it's a bit like die-rolls—right click to see the total). Tool-tip might do that same job just as well. Only worth the bother if it's super-easy, though.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

Well, with Version 3 out, is this gonna need any major updates to work properly with FG now?

Quote Originally Posted by zapoqx View Post
    Well, with Version 3 out, is this gonna need any major updates to work properly with FG now?
    Try it - see what happens.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is this compatible with the new 3.1.2 built in language filter for 4e?

Quote Originally Posted by David32780 View Post
    Is this compatible with the new 3.1.2 built in language filter for 4e?
    It doesn't interact with the new language functionality at all - it's pretty stand alone (if it still works at all).

See this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-(FG-v3-1-3-) Whereas it's aimed at 3.5E and Pathfinder, it was also built with the 4E languages in mind. Even if the mappings aren't exactly what you're looking for, it will give you a lot more language fonts to do your own custom languages through the language admin window: Settings -> Languages.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, thanks mighty Trenloe!

Thread Information