FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 13 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Also THANKS!

Hi!

New to this forum. Used FG with PC, but trying to switch to MAC.
    Do you know if we can host two instances on a mac? Seems impossible for me to start a second one...

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the issue of hitting >90% CPU, and 500GB Memory when I am running the FGII wine wrapper that I downloaded...I guessing not because I've done a such with no luck. Just thought I would check.
    --Doc Waldo

Try turning off the compatibility flag in the FG Settings. It forces a full redraw on every frame. If you need it, then the screen will only redraw under the mouse; if not, then you don't need it. It depends on the graphics driver.

Regards,
    JPG

I think that did the trick and it is running normal now. I will reply back if it spikes again. Anthother quick questions someone may know and this is more curiousity. I understand the new download is a wine wrapper (maybe not the technical term), but is there a difference in performance if someone installed the actual wine program and then installed via wine bottle? Now I may have slaughtered the terminology, but I hope my point is understood. Thanks.
    --Doc Waldo

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Waldo View Post
    I think that did the trick and it is running normal now. I will reply back if it spikes again. Anthother quick questions someone may know and this is more curiousity. I understand the new download is a wine wrapper (maybe not the technical term), but is there a difference in performance if someone installed the actual wine program and then installed via wine bottle? Now I may have slaughtered the terminology, but I hope my point is understood. Thanks.
    No real difference at all.

I can confirm that turning off the compatibility option makes a big difference. I would see a huge spike in Activity Monitor when it was enabled and then after I turned it off there was just the normal usage by the program. I have kept it off ever since.

Just a quick update. After switching I have not had any issues. Per Moon's suggestion. I ran a game for several hours and actual ran on my MBP two instances and again normal. Also for what it is worth I own the latest version of Parelles and have used for many years. Running FG with wine uses less resources and actual runs better with no degradation of graphics. The touchpad and mouse seem to so wirn smoother. I use the high end MBP compared on both the laptop screen and 34" ultra 4k curved monitor and again wine ran smoother. To further test I created a new parelles VM that just ran Windows 7 and again wine ran just as fast and usedess resources. Just thought I would share.
    --Doc Waldo

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report.

Thread Information