DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 13 First ... 34567 ... Last
    You're welcome. I'll forward my services rendered billable hours to Mstr Davidson@SW
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Lubbock, TX (where it rains mudballs.... sideways.)
    Okaaay, so here's our little issue. I've been running a FG 5e campaign (on a PC) for a while now (and still am, love this program), and I have one of our players that wants to start up a campaign as well. The caveat being he's on a Mac, and is super tech savvy. He has no issues joining my game and no issues playing. He bought his via Steam, since it was the simplest option for him (i.e. no need for wine or any of the other stuff to play).

Today, while I was giving him the "how-to's" of the DM side of things, he decided to purchase the DLCs for the PHB, DMG, and MM in the Steam store. Now we find out that those do NOT work on a mac client (at least not those versions.) He has since requested a refund via Steam, so we'll see how that goes. That being said, IS there an option to install these books to his FG so he can run a 5e DnD game?

I'm doing the asking since I am a forum rat, and am more likely to see all this before he is.
    Thanks!

Upstate NY (and not Westchester, I mean dead in the middle)
    I did this same thing, and the end result was that I had to give FG my proof of purchase and they made the DLC available from the FG Store. It was resolved within about an hour of complaining about it. I submitted a complaint to [email protected], then received the following email:

I am sorry for the difficulties, however, we have a fix and I am happy to assist you. There is a technical issue with our wrapper that prevents it from checking in with Steam on a Mac to validate DLC purchases. The Check Steam for DLC option should be turned off. For this reason, we have marked all the DLC for Mac as Windows only and we recommend people buy the DLC from our Store directly and have it linked with their FG forum account. This method works for all platforms. Since you already have made the purchases on Steam, we can link these to an account you provide as if you purchased them from us directly and it will then work. To do this, we just need for you to visit https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/index.php and create a new account if you don't already have one. Email back with the username and we will link the products and send you additional installation instructions.

Any future purchase you make from that FG account will automatically link. If you prefer to continue buying through Steam, we will just need for you to send us the proof of purchase and the username again and we can link any new purchases you make.

Doug Davison
    President
    SmiteWorks USA, LLC

After sending him a couple things (all at his request) this was resolved and all works well now.

Blog Entries
    Yes, no problem. He can either send the receipt from Steam to [email protected] and we can add it or he can get a refund from Steam and then buy it through the store here. If he links his username into his settings from his Steam account, it will download and install them even though he is running through Steam.

Lubbock, TX (where it rains mudballs.... sideways.)
    Awesome, thanks. I'll pass along the information to him. I don't know if he has an active forum acct. here or not, but I'll be in touch with him later this evening I hope.

Note there is a note on the DLC that says not MAC compatible.

Can you help me with this issue. When I maximize the screen I lose the bottom part of fantasy grounds (I can't see the dice or buttons). I made the tool bar only appear if I put my mouse over it but it still has the same cut-off. When I don't have it maximized the window is quite small and I am unable to resize it. How can I get it to resize?

Quote Originally Posted by JC1644 View Post
    Can you help me with this issue. When I maximize the screen I lose the bottom part of fantasy grounds (I can't see the dice or buttons). I made the tool bar only appear if I put my mouse over it but it still has the same cut-off. When I don't have it maximized the window is quite small and I am unable to resize it. How can I get it to resize?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post204349
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I found a Mac Client in the downloads . . . should I use a wine option? I am having difficulty installing a 2E rules set. Any help is appriciated.

Blog Entries
    Use the Downloads for the OSX Installation. Then launch FG and click on the folder icon on the launch screen to open your Data Directory. Place the custom extension in the extensions folder that is under there.

Thread Information