STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 13 First ... 910111213 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RedLucidity View Post
    This seems like the best place to note this.

Since updating my mac OS to Mojave 10.14.x (x=3) a month or so ago, FG has taken Several Minutes to load to the point of the start screen. In all other respects it seems to be running correctly. It doesn't seem to matter if anything is open or not.

FG version v3.3.8 Ultimate. Cross platform is selected. Using the bundled FG for macs (wine?).

Can the number of rulesets, extensions, modules whether in production or in official form matter on the start up? If so, how do you all manage your files in regards to whats loading or not? Especially with the purchased content?

Thanks
    Books/modules should not effect how long it takes to get to the start screen (but they do effect how long it takes to open a campaign), tokens in the shared folder though might...

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    ...tokens in the shared folder though might...
    Nah, they’re loaded when a campaign is loaded.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLucidity View Post
    FG version v3.3.8 Ultimate. Cross platform is selected. Using the bundled FG for macs (wine?).
    The latest released FG version is 3.3.7. Are you using a Test or Dev version? It might be broken. If so, you should probably revert to the Live version (in Settings).

Cross Platform thing only made things worse for me on my MacBook. I turned it off and it worked fine without any noticeable hindrance

Cross platform definitely made my machine fan run waaaay more loudly as well as the machine run hitter.

I am hoping either Unity native or my new MacBook Pro in the fall fixed this issue.

Cross platform compatibility redraws the FG application screen more often - hence it has a greater impact on CPU use. Some people may not need it - if you turn it off and your FG screen shows all data, maps, etc. OK then you don't need it - it doesn't do anything else.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yup, I found I had no issues with it turned off “that I could see” (said with no irony)

So I have it off and been happy ever since

I’ve only played on it 3-4 times but I use it more than my Windows FG due to it being my dev box for running the ruleset

Yeah I was getting close to 70C on the CPU. With it turned off, I get around 55C an

I have a new macbook pro 15 with a 6 core i7, 16GB ram, 512GB disk, and 560x graphics running macos Mojave 10.14.3. I am a host with ultimate license and I was switching from an older desktop to this for hosting my game.
    When using the package from the FG download for Mac I noticed a significant increase in startup and shutdown of the app. Several minutes. During which one of the CPUs is pegged at 100%. It looks like the whole think is frozen and I even killed it a few times before I learned it was just taking forever.
    This seems to have been noticed by some others. Has anyone discovered a wine setting that helps?
    If not, I'm currently testing raw wine 4.0, PlayOnMac, and some others to try to find something a little better... or I just go back to my old clunker of a desktop until unity is out.

Mine also takes its time starting up, but no problems during running. I'd be interested to see if there's any setting

Thread Information