5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 13 First ... 45678 ... Last
    I'm going to add a layer to this discussion. Weekly, I use Wine to run FG on my Mac. It was a bit of an inconvenience to set it up (I'm used to the "click one button and everything happens correctly" Mac society), but it is working flawlessly now.

My issue... I have just begun to dive into the deep end of the pool, i.e. I'm going to DM. I purchased and DL'ed a PDF and FG mod from Dungeon Masters' Guild (DDAL04-02), but I cannot get it to upload. The FG app offers no "go search for your mod" feature, and when I have FG open and the I go to Finder and double click on the mod in my "D&D" folder, I get an error ("There is no Windows program configured..."). I am at a loss. I've tried to find answers online, but the internet has failed me again [stupid internet]. Any advice and council would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by troymhallman View Post
    I'm going to add a layer to this discussion. Weekly, I use Wine to run FG on my Mac. It was a bit of an inconvenience to set it up (I'm used to the "click one button and everything happens correctly" Mac society), but it is working flawlessly now.

My issue... I have just begun to dive into the deep end of the pool, i.e. I'm going to DM. I purchased and DL'ed a PDF and FG mod from Dungeon Masters' Guild (DDAL04-02), but I cannot get it to upload. The FG app offers no "go search for your mod" feature, and when I have FG open and the I go to Finder and double click on the mod in my "D&D" folder, I get an error ("There is no Windows program configured..."). I am at a loss. I've tried to find answers online, but the internet has failed me again [stupid internet]. Any advice and council would be greatly appreciated.
    So, after you bought it, you have to put the .mod file in the Module directory of your FG Datafolder. Then try going into your Library from a campaign and opening it?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    So, after you bought it, you have to put the .mod file in the Module directory of your FG Datafolder. Then try going into your Library from a campaign and opening it?
    We have an updated installer under Downloads > OSX Installation on the main site that preconfigures the WINE wrapper for you.

To access the correct Finder location on your Mac, do the following:
    1. Launch FG
    2. Click the folder icon on the upper right corner of the launch screen to open a Finder window pointed to the Data Folder for FG.
    3. Navigate to the modules folder and copy the .mod file there

If you get a Wine Explorer instead of a Finder window, then we would recommend reinstalling using our installer under Downloads. You can copy stuff from the old WINE package to the new one if you'd like.

ddavison, that worked like a charm. I uninstalled and reinstalled. I can now use the Mac Finder instead of the Windows-like menus in Wineskin. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Great. That Wine Explorer window is awful, so it's definitely worth switching to the latest version to get the full Finder window.

I am using the Mac installer that doesn't require Crossover or whatever.

I'm unable to get FG to run after installing High Sierra.

Console windows spews the following constantly:

Runtime Error: D3DXCreateTexture failed - (1024,768) - D3DUSAGE_RENDERTARGET - D3DPOOL_DEFAULT - D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOMEMORY

The main FG window is blank and white.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    C

oops sorry for the double.

Blog Entries
    Zeus is working on getting a High Sierra compatible version updated and available in the downloads.

These are the notes he sent me this morning:

FIXED! Turns out auto detection of GPU information is failing. Simply uncheck the 'Auto Detect GPU Info for Direct3D' feature in WineSkin/Advanced/Set Screen Options (see piccy below).

FGWine.png

OK I can't ever get to a WineSkin config screen so I am gojng to hunt for a config file. This helps! I have hope! That said, I did lose everything since June by overwriting my application. !#$!#!!

Here's how to get there if you have the "easy" mac installer that never presents Wine options:

1) Go to Applications folder and find Fantasy Grounds.
    2) Right-click and Show Package Contents.
    3) In the folder that opens should be Wineskin. Run that and you should get a Wineskin window (image attached)
    4) Press Screen Options to get to the screen referenced by ddavison.

Screen Shot 2017-09-29 at 8.25.05 PM.png

Thread Information