STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I looked at the game and the game its self is well, put together. The ruleset is outdated and need some work.
    Few suggestions.

Make professions to be added to the character sheet like COCe7, but hopefully fixing the issue with COCe7 where I can't create a occupation that has a choice of two skills without knowing code and make an extension.

Tie the weapons skill on the main tab to the actual skill in the skill tab.

Spell set up like D&D, where I can have damage and effect buttons that I can hit with out digging through effect every time a NPC does something in the area. (Not sure why this is not a part of core system and across the border for all rulesets. All systems that have spells have spells that do effects and/or generally damage.) I am not asking for premade effects which are

Make sure the parts you have work correctly (it is a bit of money for a broken ruleset.) I am still unable to open links. (I did put an email to support and am waiting for response) It wants a module that did not come with the ruleset to open some of the link.

A user manual on the ruleset. The information on what you can do is not clear. (The wiki is missing details and has things that are not in the ruleset.)

Premade effects/modifiers (Some examples would include, effects from the major wounds table, or combat modifiers like darkness and all those. Not made up ones ones from the actual rules.)

Maybe asking too much with this one but derived hits points would be cool too.

The armor system seems to not work correctly or maybe I am missing something on this. There is not armor tab on the character sheet like you wiki shows. Does look like the tab maybe cut off....

My two cents thanks.
    Last edited by Mojosta; March 2nd, 2021 at 17:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojosta View Post
    I looked at the game and the game its self is well, put together. The ruleset is outdated and need some work.
    Few suggestions.

Make professions to be added to the character sheet like COCe7, but hopefully fixing the issue with COCe7 where I can't create a occupation that has a choice of two skills without knowing code and make an extension.

Tie the weapons skill on the main tab to the actual skill in the skill tab.

Spell set up like D&D, where I can have damage and effect buttons that I can hit with out digging through effect every time a NPC does something in the area. (Not sure why this is not a part of core system and across the border for all rulesets. All systems that have spells have spells that do effects and/or generally damage.) I am not asking for premade effects which are

Make sure the parts you have work correctly (it is a bit of money for a broken ruleset.) I am still unable to open links. (I did put an email to support and am waiting for response) It wants a module that did not come with the ruleset to open some of the link.

A user manual on the ruleset. The information on what you can do is not clear. (The wiki is missing details and has things that are not in the ruleset.)

Premade effects/modifiers (Some examples would include, effects from the major wounds table, or combat modifiers like darkness and all those. Not made up ones ones from the actual rules.)

Maybe asking too much with this one but derived hits points would be cool too.

The armor system seems to not work correctly or maybe I am missing something on this. There is not armor tab on the character sheet like you wiki shows. Does look like the tab maybe cut off....

My two cents thanks.
    Thank you for your feedback. The last upgrade was just a clean up of the code to work with the latest version of CoreRPG and most of the code base was unchanged. The ruleset is currently without a developer and is currently receiving only bug fixes and ensuring new CoreRPG features work with the ruleset. So this unfortunately, at this time, won't be expanded with new features. For the bits that are bugs we need exact information on what is broken and steps to replicate. Pictures can also be invaluable to getting it resolved faster. So if you can respond here with what links are causing trouble and the module it's trying to open.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

That is pretty disappointing to hear but thanks for the information. I probably wont be using it and chalk it up to throwing away money. The fact that the game effects, and modifiers, in the actual rules not being built in to this ruleset seems lacking and down right annoying.

I already sent a email on the missing module to support with screen shots showing the issues. I had a response, I did what he asked and it did not work and I replied to him, still waiting on a response.
    I am assuming, maybe wrong on my part, if they need anything else from me they will replay, and let me know. I usually wait for a little over a week to reply if I have heard nothing.

The character sheet has no place for armor, like I said before it appears the tab was cut off.

Those would be the only bug parts I have found so far. The rest would make it more playable but not bugs.Missing armor.PNG
    Last edited by Mojosta; March 2nd, 2021 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojosta View Post
    That is pretty disappointing to hear but thanks for the information. I probably wont be using it and chalk it up to throwing away money. The fact that the game effects, and modifiers, in the actual rules not being built in to this ruleset seems lacking and down right annoying.

I already sent a email on the missing module to support with screen shots showing the issues. I had a response, I did what he asked and it did not work and I replied to him, still waiting on a response.
    I am assuming, maybe wrong on my part, if they need anything else from me they will replay, and let me know. I usually wait for a little over a week to reply if I have heard nothing.

The character sheet has no place for armor, like I said before it appears the tab was cut off.

Those would be the only bug parts I have found so far. The rest would make it more playable but not bugs.Missing armor.PNG
    I reached out to the representative helping you and I found the issue related to your link report. I will be pushing a fix with the other Tuesday updates. As for the armor, that was not available with the original build of the ruleset. As for armor location, its enabled through options (Prefs) and will show on the character sheet along with the other optional rules as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Thank you, I should have put the location option together with armor. I wasn't sure if I wanted to play with body locations, was looking for armor specifically. I see I can use formless or custom if I don't want to use it. Thank you again for the input and information.
    Last edited by Mojosta; March 2nd, 2021 at 23:31.

I just bought the BRP ruleset on sale. It’s mentioned in the description and in this forum that there is a pdf available. I wasn’t able to find it in the folders on my computer as well. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The contents of the user guide PDF have been moved to the wiki:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aying+Game+BRP

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for your help and quick reply.

Thread Information