DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot
    So we are talking:

Starting Thursday, July 19, 8am Eastern (1pm GMT)
    and
    Ending Monday, July 23, 6am Eastern (11am GMT)

That's actually a 4 day event ... right?
    Err.. My math is correct... I think.
    Not quite - chezcaliente has confused Friday evening with the beginning of Friday New Zealand time and has posted links. I'll PM him and ask him to remove/modify them.

So, we are talking 3am Eastern Friday July 20 to 6am Eastern Monday July 23 - just over 72 hours.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 4th, 2012 at 16:16.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    No, no, no!!!

It starts Friday evening New Zealand time:

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...20720T19&p1=22
    I thought it looked a little screwy.

Since the goal is to make this a global convention, it might be worthwhile to put a facility in the con's game registry for specifying what language the game will use.

Quote Originally Posted by Herodian
    Since the goal is to make this a global convention, it might be worthwhile to put a facility in the con's game registry for specifying what language the game will use.
    Absolutely - thanks for the suggestion.

We have quite a few additions to make to the booking site before it officially goes live - adding a language flag is one of the items on our list.

Apologies! Didn't have the exact times so was just throwing the extremes in. Didn't think anyone was going to take it as gospel!

Have adjusted the post.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    A couple ideas:

1) It might be nice to set up a few regular "FGII for Newbies" sessions to try to alleviate GMs having to answer too many questions instead of focusing on their games (I know it'll happen anyway, but I think it might help).
    Good idea - we have been discussing GM sessions before the con and special sessions during the con. We'll add FG for newbies to the list. I also think that we'll be doing some little videos to help get things going smoothly...

Quote Originally Posted by dr_venture
    2) Personally, I may or may not be able to GM anything due to the mic requirement. It is a very reasonable idea you guys are putting forth for the best of reasons, but I have a small, busy, noisy house that is often just not appropriate for having voip chats. I'll see what I can do, but I figured I'd bring it up, as I don't know if I'm in the minority there.
    You only really need the voice at the beginning and end of your game to get people organised and sort out any issues. Once all of the players are connected and ready to go you can put the whole channel on mute and text away. Just be clear when you advertise your game that it will be text based so that people know what to expect.

First, this is a superb idea. Thanks for putting it together.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    [*]Any game that can run on Fantasy Grounds is welcome. But, we aim for this convention to also showcase Fantasy Grounds so please try to make sure your game runs properly in the latest version.
    I'm fixing to run some BRP. It hasn't been updated to the latest version of FG2, though. Are you looking for rulesets that take advantage of 2.8+ features, or did you mean don't run a buggy homebrew ruleset?

Of course, if the MM3E ruleset is released by then, I may run 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by kairos
    Are you looking for rulesets that take advantage of 2.8+ features, or did you mean don't run a buggy homebrew ruleset?
    Any ruleset/freeform game is welcome. I was referring to buggy rulesets, yes - but also if V2.9 comes out before the convention (which I hope it will) that people test their game (ruleset and campaign) properly to see that it won't raise errors/not work properly.

Blog Entries
    I am going to run a home-brewed one-shot, hopefully using OSRIC, but I can run it as a 4e game depending on interest levels.

Maybe I should run both and compare.

I was thinking of running some brp games. Fantasy, supers, and maybe some sci-fi (possibly star trek, star wars... Who knows all depends about time.)

But I only have the full license not the ultimate license. Is this going to be a problem?

hopefully i can upgrade before then, as I would love to help out.

Represent some UK time zone and all.... That's +0 I think.. Will do some research

Thread Information