FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Other Games

Blog Entries

Other Games

about 5 years ago i bought a mame arcade machine with 1000 games loaded. the wife wasnt real happy with me and we didnt have a lot of room in the house so she made me leave it in the garage. it sat there gathering dust and only getting played once or twice a year. i moved house about 4 weeks ago and the machine has found its way into the house at last. over the last week o have been introducing my 5 and 6 year olds to the joys of some of my favourite coin op games like: snow bros, cobra command, golden axe, doble dragon, raiden, tennage mutant ninja turtles, twin cobra...
    luckily i have it switched to free credits because i think it would have cost us $200 to beat teenage mutant ninja turtles tonight.

I don't know, could be a good savings tool. Play the games as normal, with the coin collection, then empty it out at the end of the month and have a meal out or something.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

I had grand plans to build a mame machine at one point. Maybe when I get my workshop built I can finally finish err start the project. I do have a controller board in a cupboard somewhere and a bunch of joysticks and buttons kicking around the place.

Blog Entries
    So the game is in the house now... is the wife in the garage?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    hah - no the wife is also inside - she is just behaving herself these days
    i always wanted to make a cabinet too - but you can buy one fully assembled with everything for $400 plus the costs of getting it from china to your door...
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/3...e_machine.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned
    hah - no the wife is also inside - she is just behaving herself these days
    Help a brother out and share your secret.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by damned
    you can buy one fully assembled with everything for $400 plus the costs of getting it from china to your door...
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/3...e_machine.html
    wow thats pretty decent. My orginal designs were going for the old school look, I even had the artwork I was going to use for it decided. oooo now that I think about it I even made up some of the wiring looms too! Maybe I should resurrect this....

But I think if I did it now I'd weld a frame and go for 'space-saver' look. Maybe a single upright backbone of RHS with the monitor attached on a swing out arm so it could double as a TV in the workshop. Ooo the Control Panel could fold up on a hinged arm too out of the way, that would be pretty cool. Then I'd only need to have the PC part of the equation tucked away somewhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubel
    But I think if I did it now I'd weld a frame and go for 'space-saver' look. Maybe a single upright backbone of RHS with the monitor attached on a swing out arm so it could double as a TV in the workshop. Ooo the Control Panel could fold up on a hinged arm too out of the way, that would be pretty cool. Then I'd only need to have the PC part of the equation tucked away somewhere.
    Check out NorthCoast Custom Arcades, they make a range of kits in free-standing, bar-top, ****tail table and jukebox formats. Pretty pricey but the kits are solid and the components used are good quality. Best thing is the kits are designed to be disassembled so its very easy to pack away for longer term storage when no space is available.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Thread Information