STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread: FG v2.9

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble updating to version 2.9? Mine won't update past 2.8.1
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bennis1980
    Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble updating to version 2.9? Mine won't update past 2.8.1
    Have you downloaded "TestModeManager.exe" from the downloads page and set it to "Test" before you start FG? This is the "test mode slot" MW refers to in the first post of the V2.9 Beta thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16454

Aah, I've just done that. Is there any risks to doing that? (is it reversable)

Aah, I've just done that. Is there any risks to doing that? (is it reversable)
    It's a bit too late to ask now, isn't it! ;-)

Yes, it is "reversible" - just follow the instructions in the first post of the beta thread I referenced above.

Any data modified in campaigns in V2.9 will stay modified when you roll-back to V.8.1. Before you open any of your 2.8 campaigns it is recommended to backup the whole of your "campaigns" directory - just so you can get back to those when/if you roll back to V2.8.1.

Thanks and don't worry, I haven't much in the way of important info as I'm still figuring things out. I don't think I'll have to roll back either though as Dakadin seems to be doing a good job staying on top of things with the extension.

I think I'm taking a lend of your character (the hobbit?) tonight for lachancery's session. I hope you don't mind. The lads are very helpful, and it will be great to see FG in action from a player's perspective. Any tips?

I think I'm taking a lend of your character (the hobbit?) tonight for lachancery's session. I hope you don't mind. The lads are very helpful, and it will be great to see FG in action from a player's perspective. Any tips?
    No problem at all - Yves (lachancery) had checked with me if it was OK. Look after him - he's not much into combat, but when it comes to stalking and hiding he's up there... Just scream like a girl when things get tough and the rest of the group won't even notice I'm gone!

Lol, don't worry I won't go hand to hand with the first troll we meet as was my original plan :-)

I will keep him safe (even though he's cursed)

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    Just scream like a girl when things get tough and the rest of the group won't even notice I'm gone!
    Well, unless he can mimic your accent, we will always notice you're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery
    Well, unless he can mimic your accent, we will always notice you're missing.
    Ahem... I think I will be the only one with a thick Irish accent - to be sure

Ahem... I think I will be the only one with a thick Irish accent - to be sure
    Hey, that might be close enough to pass as Trenloe! He's australian I believe (or is he from New Zealand, I forget?)

In the first session Trenloe joined the game, he snuck up on the party in the dark. The chat between the dwarf (Dakadin) that followed was priceless...

Thread Information