DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by spoofer
    Ok, I tried it and all I get is a list of slash commands. Is this documented? Are there restrictions? Do I need to be the GM? A player? Light licence? Full licence? Version? One of these restrictions is preventing me from doing this.
    You need to be running as the GM - only the GM can export characters.

Also, it is only supported on certain rulesets - 3.5E, 4E and some others.

For me I like the idea of trying new systems in FGcon, and seeing how my own favourite is handled by someone else.

I'm also interested in other GM styles of play and to see if there is something missing from my own games.

Lastly, it's an opportunity to "meet" other people in the FG community - considering everyone is so nice on the forums.
    Timezone: GMT
    Currently GMing: Ruins of Symbaroum 5E

Ultimate Fantasy Grounds Licence holder since 2013

I would like to see a chat room where you could find out if any games are waiting for players, or talking about the con in general.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sirchet
    I would like to see a chat room where you could find out if any games are waiting for players, or talking about the con in general.
    I had thought about using the standard FG IRC chat - but unerwünscht has reported trolling activity on that recently: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ad.php?t=16827

What I plan to do for the weekend of the convention is setup a number of channels within Teamspeak - a general hang-out area where people can just talk about anything and a muster area where people can go to look for games or get ready for scheduled games. I will be working on setting that up over the next few days and will post a thread regarding that 2-3 days before the convention starts.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That sounds like an excellent idea.
    Help is good when asked for,
    better when needed.

It's dangerous to go it alone, here take this.

Full License Holder

I finally got my act together (come play SWEX + DLR with the guy that wrote it ! https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=855) and put a game in.

But as a player, I guess what I hoped for was a chance to get my hands dirty with a game on one of the full-featured rulesets (e.g. 4E) so I can better understand what bits I can add on to Savage Worlds ! No Oz friendly games out there though (was always going to be a challenge). Unless I cancel work on Monday morning, then one of the Sunday afternoon (US time) games is do-able
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

No Oz friendly games out there though (was always going to be a challenge).
    You checked out the spreadsheet ? No mornings games allowed in OZ ?

Quote Originally Posted by wbcreighton
    You checked out the spreadsheet ? No mornings games allowed in OZ ?
    My bad - no Oz friendly 4E games ! But actually there is only one 4E game all Con, so that's not too surprising, I guess !

Do 3.5E / Pathfinder have the same feature set as 4E (roughly speaking) ? I guess I wanted to get into a game where I was going to be exposed to the features that 4E (and others) have that SWEX might be lacking; as finding out about features by playing an RPG is more fun that finding out about them by reading the source code
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

My understanding is that with 2.9 the PF and 3.5 functionality really took a big step forward and incorporated a bunch of the stuff that 4e already had.

Thread Information